|This needs a stretch.|
|A haunting need for images|
Needed: Main image.
Daphne's uncle sends the gang to Costa Rica for the opening of a museum exhibit on dinosaurs. When they meet archeaologist Melbourne O'Reilly, he reveals the legend of a dinosaur-spirit. So when the gang watch a dino-film in the museum's theater, the dinosaur in the film jumps out of the screen and into the audience. It's up to the gang to figure out who's really behind this devastating dinosaur disaster.
Insert details here.
- Melbourne O'Reilly (first appearance)
- Dr. Armando Gutierrez (single appearance)
- J.J. Hakimoto (single appearance)
- Dinosaur Spirit (single appearance)(no lines)(disguise)/
|Melbourne O'Reilly||To be seen as a hero.|
|J.J. Hakimoto||As a publicity stunt for his new film about dinosaurs.|
|Armando Gutierrez||He thought it would attract customers to the museum.|
|Heather Lane||Daphne says that she is too attractive for an intern.|
|Luis Cepeda||He is a conman.|
|Luis Cepeda and Heather Lane as the Dinosaur Spirit||To scare away Melbourne and others away from discovering the gold.|
|"Gü-Güe-Güepa"||Written by J. Demas Maciel||Chicos de Barrio|
- The episode is a partial homage to the 1993 film, Jurassic Park; the dinosaur roar used in this episode is very similar to the one used in Jurassic Park.
- This is the second time Scooby-Doo faces a dinosaur; the first time was in the The New Scooby and Scrappy Doo Show episode, The Dinosaur Deception.
- Plot elements from The Dinosaur Deception were re-used in this episode (i.e. the setting is in Latin America, the villain in both episodes is mining precious metals, the dinosaur is an excavating machine).
- This is the first episode not to have the Mystery Machine.
- Hakimoto makes reference to the tagline of Jaws 2.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- The Dinosaur Spirit's shape and size changes in most scenes it had appeared.
- When Scooby was in a dinosaur disguise to lure the dinosaur, the next shot shows his disguise has disappeared.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- When Shaggy steps on the gunk in the mine, Velma immediately assumes that it is coprolite (fossilized dinosaur feces), but the only known samples are fossilized and rock-like in shape. What took Daphne so long to recognize it as bat guana, and why didn't Velma know this?
- One of the skeletons in the museum had the body of a Stegosaurus, but its skull resembled a Triceratops.
In other languages
|Greek||Ο Τρισδιάστατος Γιγαντόσαυρος||The 3-D Dinosaur|
|Norwegian||Tredimensjonal dinosaur||Three-dimensional dinosaur|
|Arabic||دمار ثلاثي الأبعاد||Three-Dimensional Destruction|
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Volume 1 - Space Ape at the Cape VHS released by Warner Home Video on August 19, 2003.
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Volume 1 - Space Ape at the Cape DVD released by Warner Home Video on June 1, 2004.
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Complete 1st Season DVD set released by Warner Home Video on February 20, 2007.
- Scooby-Doo! and Friends DVD released on April 1, 2014.
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|There's No Creature Like Snow Creature|| What's New, Scooby-Doo?|
|Space Ape at the Cape|