|This needs a stretch. (Feel to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
|A haunting need for images|
Needed: Main image.
At the top secret army compound, Codefinger the master spy, steals the top secret government decoder. While on the getaway, he stashes it in Pingree's Department Store. The government recruits the gang to find the decoder named Myrtle, by using code words it responds too, throughout the store.
Insert details here.
- Myrtle (woman) (single appearance)
- Mall security guard (single appearance)
|Codefinger disguised as Major Berch||To steal a top-secret coding device, from a military installation.|
|Don Messick|| Scooby-Doo|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
|Heather North||Daphne Blake|
- Disguises: Scrappy as a toy clown; Shaggy & Scooby as skiers; Daphne as male police officer.
- Scooby Snacks bribe: 0.
- "Ruh-roh" count: 0.
- "Zoinks" count:
- "Jeepers" count:
- Codefinger may be a parody of a James Bond villain.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- While Shaggy is driving to Pingree's, his eyes are closed and then open for a second. Normally, the opposite should happen.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- The gang could have easily purchased Myrtle as a fan in exchange for their broken toaster.
- General Hepler wanted to use civilians to locate Myrtle, in order to be as inconspicuous as possible. So he chose the "most normal" people who entered the store: a six-foot tall beatnik, a redheaded bombshell, and two talking dogs, one of whom was gigantic, while the other one walked upright.
- General Hepler said that if the gang were caught, he'd deny knowing them, but then near the end of the episode, casually walks into the store and asks Alphonse where they were.
- It's never revealed whether or not Daphne was able to return her toaster.
In other languages
|Greek|| Ο Απόρρητος Αποκωδηκοποιητής|
| The Secret Decoder|
- Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: Ruh-Roh Robot! DVD set released by Warner Home Video on September 24, 2013.