|This needs a stretch.|
On Valentine's Day, The gang investigate some mysterious disappearances of teenagers on Lovers Lane, while Shaggy and Scooby catch up with old girlfriends. But the culprits behind it all turn out to be the gang themselves!
Insert details here.
- Evil clones of Mystery Inc. (single appearance)(no lines)(disguise)/
- Mike (single appearance)
- Sheila (single appearance)
- Roxanne (single appearance)(no lines)
- Rico (single appearance)(no lines)
- Police officer (single appearance)
- Sarah Michelle Gellar (only time mentioned)
- J.C. Chasez's cabin
|George||Anger at rejection by Velma.|
|Rachel||Revenge for being dumped by Shaggy.|
| J.C. Chasez as Scooby-Doo imposter|
A set of Hollywood extras impersonating the rest of the gang, hired by J.C. Chasez
|Tired of Rachel talking about Shaggy.|
|"Walk on the Wire"||Credits||Sahara Hotnights|
- Following the continuity of A Pup Named Scooby-Doo, the gang is shown to be from, and live in Coolsville, which is much different in this series than the metropolis seen in its predecessor series.
- This is a Valentine's special, and the third and final special of the series.
- It's revealed that Daphne and Velma are roommates in one house, while Fred, Shaggy, and Scooby are also roommates in another.
- This is the first time in the franchise that a celebrity guest star portraying themselves is the villain.
- A "Daphanatic" from the direct-to-video film Scooby-Doo! Frankencreepy, (somehow) obtained Daphne's heart-shaped love letter and mugshot.
- As the gang is getting their mugshots taken, the number "69" is visible, as a reference to the year 1969, which was the year that Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! premiered on television.
- Each of the extras playing the human Mystery Inc. members are animated caricatures of the actors playing them.
- The episode contains a nod to the live-action movie(s), in which Daphne is appalled at having been played by an extra, exclaiming "Was Sarah Michelle Gellar too busy?" in annoyance.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- None known.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- Even though this takes place around Valentine's Day, which is set in February, it instead appears to be set in spring or summer (no snow on the ground, leaves intact on the trees, no visible winter clothes) rather than winter.
In other languages
|Greek||Ο Κρυφός Θαυμαστής||The Secret Admirer|
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Volume 9 - Route Scary Six DVD released by Warner Home Video on June 6, 2006.
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Complete 1st Season DVD set released by Warner Home Video on February 20, 2007. For unknown reasons this episode was switched with the first season special, A Scooby-Doo! Christmas.
Fred: Why don't you stay for breakfast, George? I'm cooking eggs and...socks?
Daphne: I don't wanna wear the same outfit every day.
Daphne: I...was played...by an EXTRA?
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|Go West, Young Scoob|| What's New, Scooby-Doo?|