||This needs a stretch.|
||A haunting need for images|
A Scooby-Doo Valentine is the third episode of the third season of What's New, Scooby-Doo?, and the thirty-first episode overall in the series.
The gang investigates some mysterious disappearances of teenagers on Lovers Lane while Shaggy and Scooby catch up with old girlfriends. But the culprits behind it all turn out to be the gang themselves!
Insert details here.
Cast and characters
|| Performed by
| "Walk on the Wire"
|| Sahara Hotnights
- Evil human clones of Mystery Inc./extras led by J.C. Chasez
|| Anger at rejection by Velma.
|| Revenge for being dumped by Shaggy.
| J.C. Chasez as Scooby-Doo imposter|
A set of Hollywood extras impersonating the gang, hired by J.C. Chasez
| Tired of Rachel talking about Shaggy.
- It's revealed that Daphne and Velma are roommates in one house, while Fred, Shaggy, and Scooby are also roommates in another.
- The episode contains a nod to the live-action movie(s), in which Daphne is appalled at having been played by an extra, exclaiming "Was Sarah Michelle Gellar not available?" in annoyance.
- Each of the extras playing the human Mystery Inc. members are animated caricatures of the actors playing them.
- As the gang is getting their mugshots taken, the number 69 is visible, as a reference to the year 1969, which was the year that Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! premiered on television.
- This is the first time in the franchise that a celebrity guest star portraying themselves is the villain.
- Following the continuity of A Pup Named Scooby-Doo, the gang is shown to be from, and live in Coolsville, which is much different in this series than the metropolis seen in its predecessor series.
- A "Daphanatic" from Scooby-Doo! Frankencreepy, (somehow) has Daphne's heart-shaped love letter and mugshot.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
In other languages
|| Ο Κρυφός Θαυμαστής
|| The Secret Admirer
Fred: Why don't you stay for breakfast, George? I'm cooking eggs and...socks?
Daphne: I don't wanna wear the same outfit every day.
Velma: Look, I've got a plan. Don't tell Fred I said that, he thinks he owns that phrase.
Daphne: I...was played...by an EXTRA?