|This needs a stretch. (Feel to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
Needed: Synopsis is incomplete
Alaskan King Coward is the third part of the eighth episode of the first season of The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show.
The guys are prospecting for gold in Alaska, and as they are digging they uncover a prehistoric creature, who Scrappy thinks is a "claim jumper" trying to steal their fortune.
Prospecting for golds, the gang travels by dogsled through snowy terrain) even catching a glimpse of Santa Claus. They arrive at where they want to start digging. Behind a wall of ice, Shaggy uncovers a prehistoric creature which was supposedly frozen there for a million years, but suddenly comes to life.
They grab Scrappy, who thinks it's a "claim jumper", and ski away. They hide amongst some seals, but Scrappy hits him with a snowball. They hide in a poster, but Scrappy gives that away too) and winds up in the creatures mouth.
Scrappy next sets up a Scrappy-trap, and Shaggy and Scooby think they've escaped it for a change. But when the creature trips it, the large snowball it releases catches Shaggy and Scooby together with him. Finally, Scrappy releases water from the sluice he earlier built, freezing the creature back into a block of ice. Scooby leans on it and it falls over.
- Alaskan monster (single appearance)(no lines)
- Sled dogs (single appearance)(no lines)
- Santa Claus (first appearance)(cameo)
- Santa Claus's reindeer (single appearance)(no lines)
|Don Messick|| Scooby-Doo|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
- Scooby, Shaggy and Scrappy are introduced in new winter outifts.
- This is Santa Claus's first appearance in the Scooby-Doo universe. He is formally introduced in the special, Scooby-Doo! Haunted Holidays.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- Unlike the previous episode, the guys are actually dressed for the cold weather. Reality is lost again however, when Shaggy loses his fur coat and is wearing his regular clothing underneath, completely unaffected by the weather.
- When the guys fall on the Alaskan monster after posing as a totem, the creature is way more fat than in previous shots.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- None known.
In other languages
|Greek||Το Τέρας των Πάγων||The Ice Monster|
- Scooby-Doo! Winter WonderDog DVD released by Warner Home Video on October 8, 2002.
- Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: For the Love of Snack DVD set released by Warner Home Video on January 7, 2014.