|This needs a stretch. (Feel free to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
Velma's old friends Anne and Melissa Brewer have the Scooby gang in to help solve the mystery of the ghost in their window seat.
Insert details here.
- Anne Brewer (single appearance)
- Melissa Brewer (single appearance)
- Marvin Brewer (single appearance)
- Sheriff (single appearance)
- Anne and Melissa Brewer's home
- Duane Harper's home
|Duane Harper||He claimed that he knew a whole lot about the spirits who haunted the window seat.|
|Marvin Brewer||Pestering his sisters to tear the place down, so that he could look for the treasure belonging to thier old lady great grand aunts.|
|Duane Harper as the Window Seat Spector||To search for the lost money made by the aunts of Annie and Melissa Brewer and claim his family's share.|
- This is a sequel of sorts to the movie Arsenic and Old Lace.
- The pun in the title refers not only to the film (alluded to in dialogue, as Marvin, Melissa and Anne are the descendants of the two bizarre murderous sisters in the movie), but to the fresh artichokes and hummus, which Shaggy likens the taste and texture of to "old paste".
- Shaggy complains about the vegetarian fare served at dinner. Ironically, since his voice actor Casey Kasem was a practicing vegetarian, he became depicted as one in the latter-day TV cartoons..