|Cover your eyes, Scoob!|
Warning! This article is about a episode that has yet to aired and can be subject to change so please take any information with a grain of salt. Please remove this tag once the episode has been aired.
Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! will be the twelfth incarnation of Hanna-Barbera's long-running TV series, Scooby-Doo. It will be produced by Warner Bros. Animation, and air on Boomerang in Fall 2015. It was scheduled to air on Cartoon Network in 2015, before being moved to sister channel, Boomerang (along with other news shows), to make it more marketable.
The Scooby gang is back with a modern comedic twist on the beloved classic. With high school over and one last summer to live it up, the gang hits the road in the Mystery Machine, chasing fun and adventure. But monsters and mayhem keep getting in the way.
- Frank Welker as Scooby-Doo and Fred Jones. Scooby says "Roh-Roh" sparingly because he's been limited to four or five words max., so he can be sharper and quicker; Fred has control issues and is always trying to keep the quirkier members in check.
- Matthew Lillard as Shaggy Rogers. He managed to graduate high school, but has no forseeable plans for the future, other than to go on the gang's Summer road trip. Shaggy's humour is styled after the Marx Brothers, making him wittier.
- Grey DeLisle as Daphne Blake. Due to a rich, sheltered upbringing, she is niave and has quirks such as wearing a beard and moustache in one episode. When Fred asks Daphne why, she asks him why he isn't.
- Kate Micucci as Velma Dinkley. She's so smart that colleges apply to her, but she's socially inept. On each case, she gives a detailed illustration called Velma's Mind's Eye. Micucci replaced Mindy Cohn for this series, although the latter still does DVD films and games.
- Jay Bastian - Executive in charge of production for Warner Bros. Animation
- Richard Lee - Art director
- Jon Colton Barry - Writer; songwriter
- Hillary Harmon Powell - Assistant production manager
- Hannah Nance Partlow - Color stylist
- Zac Moncrief - Producer
- Mark Banker - Possible writer, story editor or producer
Jay Bastian says of the development of this show, "The last Scooby-Doo[sic] we did was a little more intense, and a little scarier. This new one is much more cartoony and silly[...]What we've got so far is really funny."
To match the comedic tone, the gang was given a more edgy look; they're basically the hipsters of their world. Just like the original series, there will be no romantic attachments within the gang and Scooby will have limited "dialogue". Fred has also outfitted the Mystery Machine with a slew of gadgets.
- As a tie-in to San Diego Comic-Con International 2014, TV Guide Magazine and Warner Bros. partnered up and released a special edition of their current and upcoming shows, including an exclusive preview of Be Cool, giving a glimpse of what to expect and the first look of what the whole gang will look like.
- This is the first show not to involve Casey Kasem, who passed away on June 15, 2014.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 WBSDCC 2014 TV Guide special
- ↑ http://toonzone.net/2014/03/cartoon-network-announces-programming-slate-2014-2015-upfront-season
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 https://twitter.com/zacmoncrief/status/463776232975253505
- ↑ https://twitter.com/zacmoncrief/status/463706647014043648
- ↑ https://twitter.com/pursell_laura/status/469173492714176512
- ↑ https://twitter.com/joncoltonbarry/status/467798753160617985
- ↑ https://twitter.com/joncoltonbarry/status/446387354165862400
- ↑ https://twitter.com/zacmoncrief/status/463777333283786752
- ↑ https://twitter.com/joncoltonbarry/status/469210504250920960
- ↑ http://www.linkedin.com/pub/hillary-harmon-powell/5/7a6/733
- ↑ https://twitter.com/ericMesquivel/status/454143393166131201
- ↑ https://www.linkedin.com/pub/zac-moncrief/3a/a09/a65
- ↑ http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mark-banker/4/b84/271
- ↑ http://www.toonzone.net/2014/04/toonzone-interviews-jay-bastian-tom-jerry-show/
- ↑ comiccon.thewb.com/wbsdcc-2014-tv-guide-covers/
- ↑ twitter.com/SpinsPlates/status/492378153927450624/photo/1
- ↑ twitter.com/SpinsPlates/status/492400616631570432/photo/1