|This needs a stretch.|
Shaggy becomes Tokyo's most wanted when it's believed he can transform into a 30 ft Godzilla-like monster after accidentally eating a cursed pizza.
Insert details here.
- Dr. Akira Onodera (single appearance)
- Elliott Blender (final appearance)
- Lt. Keiko Tanaka (single appearance)
- 30 Foot Shaggy (single appearance)(robot)
- Professor Pomfrit (single appearance)(redeemed)
- Ancient One (single appearance)
- Dogbot (single appearance)(no lines)(tampering)(redeemed)
- Mr. Blender (single appearance)(no lines)
- Mrs. Blender (single appearance)(no lines)
- Desk clerk (single appearance)
- Fisherman (single appearance)
- Tokyo, Japan
|Shaggy Rogers||He was cursed to turn into a monster. The monster looked like him.|
|Elliott Blender||He lost again to Velma's invention. He followed the gang to Tokyo.|
|Professor Pomfrit piloting the 30 Foot Shaggy robot||Framed Shaggy, out of jealousy of Onodera's wealth.|
|Dogbot||Programmed by Pomfrit. It was used to chew though Shaggy's chains so it would look like he broke loose, and to transport Shaggy.|
|"UREI"||Written by Yumi Yoshimura, Ami Onuki, and Andy Sturmer||Puffy AmiYumi|
- The "meddling kids" line of the episode is given to Lt. Tanaka, as the villain apologized for his actions.
- This is also the only episode of What's New, Scooby-Doo? to have the chase scene song played during a police chase instead of a regular monster chase.
- The episode title is an allusion to the cult film, Big Trouble in Little China.
- This episode is a homage to Godzilla.
- Professor Pomfrit is a reference to Leander Pomfritt from The Many Lives of Dobie Gillis, also played by William Schallert.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- None known.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- Professor Pomfrit must be the greatest robot inventor in the world if he can create a giant, monstrous, robotic version of Shaggy in only a few hours. How did he create something that huge in approximately only a few hours? Furthermore, how did he make the robot appear and disappear almost instantly? The first time he could have stomped to and from miles and hidden it somehow later, and the second time he seemed to have hid it behind a large hotel building. However, it seems to disappear almost instantly the second time without any explanation.
- Perhaps he used Dogbot to make the Shaggy robot, and to hide it. Dogbot is pure scientific miracle -- it can produce anything out of a tiny body shell even when it couldn't possibly fit and when it doesn't have room for the raw materials much less the production equipment (for example the bed and the fresh-cooked pancakes created at the same time).
- Elliott Blender is miscredited as "Elliott Binder".
In other languages
|Greek|| Περιπέτειες στο Τόκυο|
Τερατώδης Όρεξη στο Μικρό Τόκυο
| Adventures in Tokyo|
Monstrous Appetite in Little Tokyo
|Arabic||لعنة طوكيو||The Curse of Tokyo|
|Polish||Wielkie żarcie w małym Tokio||Huge gluttony in little Tokyo|
- What's New Scooby-Doo?: Volume 6 - Monster Matinee DVD released by Warner Home Video on August 9, 2005.
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Complete 2nd Season DVD set released by Warner Home Video on June 7, 2007.
- Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: For the Love of Snack DVD set released by Warner Home Video on January 7, 2014.
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|The Unnatural|| What's New, Scooby-Doo?|
|Mummy Scares Best|