|This needs a stretch.|
The gang stay at a housing estate next to a graveyard during their spring break in New Orleans. They soon realize that two Civil War ghosts re-enact a duel every night to scare away guests, and so it's up to Mystery Inc. to uncover the truth about the legend of the Leland Brothers.
Insert details here.
Cast and characters
|Frank Welker|| Scooby-Doo|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
|Mindy Cohn||Velma Dinkley|
|Grey DeLisle|| Daphne Blake|
Lorelei Leland (uncredited)
|Jim Cummings|| Cyrus T. Buford|
|John DiMaggio|| Taylor Leland|
|Nick Jameson|| Caleb Leland|
Crawdad Mike's bus driver
|"Man With the Hex"||Written by John Bunkley|| The Atomic Fireballs|
(Courtesy of Lava Records)
(By arrangement with Warner Special Products)
- Ghosts of Caleb Leland and Jed Leland/Crawdad Mike and his bus driver
|Cyrus T. Buford||He wanted to buy Leland Gables to expand his waterpark.|
|Taylor Leland||He sneaked out at night with a Confederate uniform.|
|Lorelei Leland||She went in the Supermarket of The Supernatural.|
| Crawdad Mike as Caleb Leland|
His bus driver as Jed Leland
|To get more viewers for their graveyard tours.|
- New Orleans
- This is the only episode in the What's New incarnation to have Daphne bound and gagged.
- Scooby, Shaggy, Velma, and Fred had gumbo for dinner while Daphne had salad.
- "Man With the Hex" was also used in the 2002 film.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- When Crawdad Mike was unmasked, he had a full head of hair, but when the police came to take him and his bus driver away, he is half bald.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- Velma pointed out to Fred that Jed is much taller than Caleb, even though it was actually Caleb who was taller.
- After the chase scene, when the gang bump into Cyrus T. Buford, they all gasp. Daphne's voice can clearly be heard, although she is not with the gang, because she would have already been kidnapped.
In other languages
|Greek|| Ο Μεγάλος Φόβος στο Μπιγκ Τζι|
Μεγάλη Τρομάρα στη Νέα Ορλεάνη
| Big Scare in the Big Ji|
Big Scare in New Orleans
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Volume 1 - Space Ape at the Cape VHS released August 19, 2003.
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Volume 1 - Space Ape at the Cape DVD released June 1, 2004.
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Complete 1st Season DVD set released February 20, 2007.
- Scooby-Doo! and the Ghosts compilation DVD released August 30, 2011.
- Scooby-Doo! and Friends DVD to be released April 1, 2014.
"Sacre Bleu! I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for y'all meddling kids."
"I wonder how you say "meddling kids" in French?"
- - Crawdad Mike and Daphne
"Lorelei bought (Scooby turns his arms into bat wings) bat wing, (Scooby acts like a chicken and pecks on the ground) chicken bone, (Scooby imitates as a toad an flicks his tounge out and catches a fly and shows the eye) and the eye of a toad."
- - Shaggy & Scooby playing charades.
Space Ape at the Cape
It's Mean, It's Green, It's the Mystery Machine