|This needs a stretch.|
The gang stay at a housing estate next to a graveyard during their spring break in New Orleans. They soon realize that two Civil War ghosts re-enact a duel every night to scare away guests, and so it's up to Mystery Inc. to uncover the truth about the legend of the Leland Brothers.
Insert details here.
- Lorelei Leland (single appearance)
- Taylor Leland (single appearance)
- Cyrus T. Buford (single appearance)
- Ghosts of the Leland Brothers (single appearance)(disguise)/
- Tourists on bus (single appearance)(no lines)
- Fruit stand vendor (single appearance)(no lines)
- Caleb Leland (single appearance)(no lines)(flashback only)(dies off-screen)
- Jed Leland (single appearance)(no lines)(flashback only)(dies off-screen)
- Shopkeeper (single appearance)(no lines)
- Possum (single appearance)(no lines)
- Police officers (single appearance)(no lines)
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Ectoplasm (really dry ice residue)
- Five Skull Fire Sauce
- Shaggy's cell phone
- Dry ice
- Hologram projector
|Cyrus T. Buford||He wanted to buy Leland Gables to expand his waterpark.|
|Taylor Leland||He sneaked out at night with a Confederate uniform.|
|Lorelei Leland||She went in the Supermarket of The Supernatural.|
|Crawdad Mike and his bus driver as the Ghosts of the Leland Brothers||To get more viewers for their graveyard tours.|
|Frank Welker|| Scooby-Doo|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
|Mindy Cohn||Velma Dinkley|
|Grey DeLisle|| Daphne Blake|
|Jim Cummings|| Cyrus T. Buford|
|John DiMaggio|| Taylor Leland|
|"Man With the Hex"||Written by John Bunkley||The Atomic Fireballs|
- The Mystery Machine is absent in this episode.
- This is the only episode in the What's New incarnation that had Daphne bound and gagged.
- Scooby, Shaggy, Velma, and Fred had gumbo for dinner, while Daphne had salad.
- "Man With the Hex" was also used in the 2002 film.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- When Crawdad Mike was unmasked, he had a full head of hair, but when the police came to take him and his bus driver away, he is half bald.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- Either Rattletrap Tours (the name on the bus) is an extension of Haunted New Orleans Tours (the name on the sign outside the building where the bus is parked), or there's a mix-up.
- Velma pointed out to Fred that Jed is much taller than Caleb, even though it was actually Caleb who was taller.
- After the chase scene, when the gang bump into Cyrus T. Buford, they all gasp. Daphne's voice can clearly be heard, although she is not with the gang, because she would have already been kidnapped.
- While explaining the solution of the mystery, Velma picks up dry ice with her bare hand. This would burn her hand. Gloves are required for handling dry ice.
In other languages
|Greek|| Ο Μεγάλος Φόβος στο Μπιγκ Τζι|
Μεγάλη Τρομάρα στη Νέα Ορλεάνη
| Big Scare in the Big Ji|
Big Scare in New Orleans
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Volume 1 - Space Ape at the Cape VHS released by Warner Home Video on August 19, 2003.
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Volume 1 - Space Ape at the Cape DVD released by Warner Home Video on June 1, 2004.
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Complete 1st Season DVD set released by Warner Home Video on February 20, 2007.
- Scooby-Doo! and the Ghosts DVD released by Warner Home Video on August 30, 2011.
- Scooby-Doo! and Friends DVD released by Warner Home Video on May 28, 2012.
- Scooby-Doo! and Friends DVD released by Warner Home Video on April 1, 2014.
Crawdad Mike: Sacre Bleu! I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for y'all meddling kids.
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|Space Ape at the Cape|| What's New, Scooby-Doo?|
|It's Mean, It's Green, It's the Mystery Machine|