The Chest of Demons is a magical chest which holds the thirteen most terrifying spirits of the world.
Although the chest was meant to hold thirteen ghosts, only eleven were revealed in the series (no new chest ghosts were revealed in episodes 1 and 6).
- Maldor the Malevolent - A Dark Magician
- Queen Morbidia - Commander of an army of Demons
- Mirror Demon - A Demon who haunted the mirror realm
- Zomba - A Zombie Demon who imprisoned her victims in TV Shows
- Bermuda Triangle Ghosts - The Captain of a Ghost Ship and his passengers (they don't count as part of the 13 Ghosts).
- Nicara - A Succubus
- Marcella - A Demon Witch
- Time Slime - A Demon who conrolled the flow of time
- Demondo - A Demon who could imprison people within books and newspapers
- Rankor - A Vampire who wanted to join S.A.P.S
- Professor Phantazmo - The Ringleader of a Circus of Horrors
- Zimbulu - A Lion Demon
The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo
In ancient times, thirteen spirits terrorized the world and were somehow trapped within the chest by unknown means. The chest was locked away in a crypt of a temple located in a remote village in the Himalaya's where it remained for many years and was later found by the two ghosts Weerd & Bogel who were unable to open the chest (as it could only be opened by the living) but were able to trick Scooby-Doo and Shaggy into opening it.
The chest was taken by the group and was used to re-imprison the spirits that were released, during their adventures, the former captive spirits tried whatever they could to destroy the chest, hinting that it may be a seal of an incredible power. Although the ghosts are eventually returned to the chest, its fate is unknown although it can be assumed that it was hidden by the group or returned to its original location in the dark crypt.