|This needs a stretch.|
Freddie's uncle, Eddie, the new owner of the Exaggerator newspaper, hires the gang to find out why the monster Chickenstein is trying to scare everyone off, ruining his newspaper and running him out of business.
Insert details here.
- Eddie Jones (single appearance)
- Scoop Byline (single appearance)
- Bad News Bitterman (single appearance)
- Hank Laughenstock (single appearance)
- Red Herring
- Chickenstein (single appearance)(Casmer Codwaller's disguise)
- Granny Sweetwater (single appearance)(Casmer Codwaller's disguise)
- Casmer Codwaller (single appearance)
- National Exaggerator receptionist (single appearance)
- Bigfoot (single appearance)(no lines)
- Bighands (single appearance)(no lines)
- Sam Schlock (only time mentioned)
- Freddy Flintstone (TV or computer screen)(cameo)
- Police officer (single appearance)(no lines)
|Bad News Bitterman||Hates Scoop Byline for replacing her as top reporter, reducing her to a second rate one and the janitor.|
|Granny Sweetwater||She claimed that she brought Chickenstein back to life. Had suspicious goods in her basement.|
|Hank Laughenstock||Revenge for being falsely accused by Scoop Byline and drive the Exaggerator out of business.|
|Casmer Codwaller as Granny Sweetwater and Chickenstein||To protect his business of selling stolen goods.|
|"Chicken, Oh Chickenstein"||Credits||Performed by|
- Freddie narrates the opening in this episode, instead of Shaggy.
- After numerous episodes of Freddie reading the Exaggerator newspaper, the building itself is seen and his own uncle owns it.
- There is a 'breaking the fourth wall' moment with a cameo of the young Freddy Flintstone, from The Flintstone Kids, appearing on one of the TV's in the basement of Granny Sweetwater's home.
- Eddie is played by Frank Welker, the voice of the older Fred Jones.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- "Let's get out of here" comes out of Shaggy's mouth, but it's Fred's voice.
- During the chase scene when Scooby and Shaggy are dancing, Scooby is wearing the Doo family collar from Curse of the Collar.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- The Exaggerator's editor, Sam Schlock, is mysteriously absent.
- A Pup Named Scooby-Doo: Volume 5 DVD released by Warner Home Video on January 9, 2007.
- A Pup Named Scooby-Doo: Complete 2nd, 3rd & 4th Seasons DVD set released by Warner Home Video on March 17, 2009.