|This needs a stretch.|
The gang uses the legend of the Chupacabra to distract Shaggy while they set up a surprise birthday party for him.
Insert details here.
- Chupacabra (single appearance)(no lines)(disguise)/
- Unnamed man (single appearance)(no lines)(redeemed)
- Roberto (single appearance)(redeemed)
- Francesca (single appearance)(redeemed)
- Magic show audience (single appearance)(no lines)
- Senorita 1 (single appearance)
- Senorita 2 (single appearance)
- El Roberto's Grande Fiesta Del Magico (The Great Roberto's Magical Party)
- Mysterious building
- Shaggy's surprise birthday party
|Roberto||He knew all about the ancient legends of the monsterous El Chupacabras.|
Unnamed man as Chupacabra
|They were all trying to distract Shaggy whilst they set up a surprise birthday party for him at a mysterious building out in the desert.|
- Scooby-Doo! Where Are You? #41 (January 2014).
- None known.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- None known.
The first tale by Keith Champagne moves along swimmingly and while the careful reader can deduce the nature of this particular monster, the otherwise perfect story is hamstrung by an additional explanation that's completely unnecessary and contradictory to what's seen in the panels. Those panels by Scott Neely are perfectly laid out and filled with cute extras. El-Chup differs strongly from the reports given alleged eyewitnesses of the legendary goat-sucker. In Scooby-Doo, he looks like an Aztec werewolf, but given the mystery, the appearance of El-Chup is immaterial.