|This needs a stretch.|
Scooby's gang fight monsters at a honeymoon hideaway and on a mountain near a polar bear expedition camp in the Arctic. Daphne gives Velma a make-over in order to go out with a nice young magazine writer.
Insert details here.
- Hunter Bangs (single appearance)
- Honeymoon Hideaway manager (single appearance)
- Polar Bear expedition camp leader (single appearance)
- Ravenous Troglodyte (single appearance)(no lines)(disguise)/
- Crooked land developer (single appearance)
- Yeti (single appearance)(no lines)(disguise)/
- Evil land developer (single appearance)(no lines)
- Buddy (single appearance)
- Peggy Sue (single appearance)
- Hot dog vendor (single appearance)(no lines)
- Boris Ratnick (only time mentioned)
- Rival expedition campers (only time mentioned)
- The gang's home
- Clothing store
- Honeymoon Hideaway
- Hot dog stand
- Troglodyte's cave
- Romantic trail
- Polar Bear Expedition camp
- Rival Polar Bear Expedition camp
- Yeti's mountain
|Honeymoon Hideaway manager||He said business had seen better days.|
|Rival expedition campers||Rivals of the other polar bear expedition campers.|
|Crooked land developer as the Ravenous Troglodyte||To buy up the land where Honeymoon Hideaway was built on.|
|Evil land developer as the Yeti||To buy up the land where the polar bear expedition camps were.|
John Rozum, with Staton, DeCarlo and Scott McRae, in the puzzle and the final short plays with the conventions of the formula. Rozum's tales end up upending your expectations.
"Cover Story" seems to take a page from Scooby Doo II. Rozum however surprises not once but twice. His final beat is laugh out loud funny, and there are still plenty of twists within the formula to delight Scooby fans of all ages.
Staton of course has perfected his look for the gang, and even though these are of the What's New Scooby-Doo? design, he still treats the Gang as serious characters to illustrate even when they may not be behaving seriously. His timing within the panels makes Scooby-Doo a breezy read but with meaty rewards.