|This needs a stretch.|
The gang finds a scaly surprise lurking in the South Pacific.
Insert details here.
- Lagoon Creature (single appearance)(no lines)(disguise)/
- Mr. Hulett (single appearance)
- Maurice Orson (single appearance)
- Tourists (single appearance)(no lines)
- Native woman (single appearance)
- Police officers (single appearance)(no lines)
- Police helicopter
|Desk clerk||He hates tourists. The gang found seaweed under his desk.|
|Mr. Hulett||Velma discovered water in front of his locker.|
| Mr. Hulett as the Lagoon Creature|
|To scare everyone off the island so the hotel would close.|
In the second mystery, Earl Kress nicely baits the reader with a red herring which obfuscates the crystal clear certainty of the monster maker. He also shows that there is something that Shaggy loves more than food: Rooby-Rooby-Roo! Shaggy overcomes his fear to save Scooby from being accosted by the gill-menace.
Again, art team captures the flavor of the Scooby-Doo mysteries, and their panel-by-panel depiction of Shaggy's culinary talent creates the illusion of action and sets up the tension to be released in the punch-line.