Dawn of the Spooky Shuttle Scare is the second and final part of the first episode of the third season of A Pup Named Scooby-Doo; it aired alongside Night of the Boogey Biker making up the twenty-second episode overall in the series.
The gang goes to the Coolsville Space Center, where Velma's science project on Scooby Snacks will go to space. But they may have to cancel the launch when an astronaut ghost shows up, disrupting the whole center.
The Scooby-Doo Detective Agency went down to the Coolsville Space Center. Velma made an experiment on how microwave Scooby Snacks will cook in Space, and it's been chosen to go on the shuttle. Mr. Sinclair gives the gang a tour of the shuttle, but before they could go in, an Astronaut ghost appeared from inside, declaring the mission canceled. After the chase, the gang found what Freddie believes it to be contaminated alien juice on Scooby's back, but Velma corrected him saying it's shoe polish. They met up with Mr. Sinclair, who explains that the launch will have to be canceled, thanks to the ghost. Velma calculated that if the launch gets canceled, her experiment wouldn't be able to go into orbit until the year 2047. But Freddie promised to solve it before then, and the gang sets out to look for clues.
They ran into Billy Bob Joe Bob Harris who owns the land until the Space Center was built, he wished it would close down because the liftoffs were bothering his cows. He claims he has nothing to do with the ghost, and leaves to get back to his new business, selling shuttle souvenirs. Shaggy finds him suspicious, saying he talks like the ghost.
They next meet Simon Simonson, he also had a project for the shuttle, but Velma's experiment was chosen over his Anti-Gravity Boots. He denies to have a grudge against her, saying that her experiment is much more important. After he leaves to polish his boots, Freddie suggest to look in the shuttle's hanger for clues. Shaggy and Scooby refused, but Velma says that if they don't solve the mystery, her dream is ruined. Feeling very bad for Velma, they resolved to help her, which she thanks them gratefully.
While looking inside the hanger, Scooby found a scientific formula, but before they could look at it further, the ghost showed up, and pursues them. Scooby ended up on the ghost's back, who shakes him off losing one of his boots, he then goes for the gang, but Scooby who accidentally activated the ghost's lost boot, uncontrollably crashes into the ghost trapping him. Mr. Sinclair shows up congratulating the kids on catching the ghost. Shaggy and Daphne believes him to be Billy Bob Joe Bob Harris, he talks like the ghost and the launches were spooking his cows. But Velma says the ghost none other than Simon Simonson, the shoe polish Scooby got on his back after the first attack was the same polish Simon used on his Anti-Gravity Boots. And the formula Scooby found was really Simon's Anti-Gravity formula. Simon really was mad at Velma because her experiment was chosen over his, so he wanted to cancel the launch so her's wouldn't go into orbit. After Simon was arrested, Mr. Sinclair announces that Velma's project will go into orbit after all, but she says she couldn't have done it without Scooby-Doo.
- Cow (single appearance)(no lines)
- Security guard (single appearance)(no lines)
|Billy Bob Joe Bob Harris||He was angry that the space center was built on his place and he thought its borders his cows. He also talks just like the ghost.|
|Simon Simonson as the Astronaut Ghost||Revenge for not getting his project in space.|
|Don Messick|| Scooby-Doo|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
|Christina Lange||Velma Dinkley|
|Kellie Martin||Daphne Blake|
|Carl Steven||Freddie Jones|
|Hamilton Camp||Astronaut Ghost|
|Frank Welker||Simon Simonson|
- This is the second episode to focus on Velma after The Computer Walks Among Us.
- Velma also had an invention of her's chosen to go into space in the next series episode, Space Ape at the Cape.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- When Freddie says that Scooby got alien juice on his back, Scooby's collar was missing.
- When Simon confesses, Shaggy's eyebrows were the same color as his hair.
- When Mr. Sinclair announces that Velma's project will go into orbit after all, the clip on his clipboard disappeared and reappeared for a split-second.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- Billy Bob Joe Bob's anger at the Coolsville Space Center is counterproductive, as he allowed for it to be built on his land and is making money off of it by selling souvenirs. This is presumably because he never liked doing it to begin with.
In other languages
|Greek||Το Φάντασμα του Αστροναύτη||The Ghost of the Astronaut|
- A Pup Named Scooby-Doo: Volume 6 DVD released by Warner Home Video on May 15, 2007.
- A Pup Named Scooby-Doo: Complete 2nd, 3rd & 4th Seasons DVD set released by Warner Home Video on March 17, 2009.