||This needs a stretch.|
||A haunting need for images|
| Diamonds Are a Ghoul's Best Friend
| What's New, Scooby-Doo?
||March 3, 2005
Diamonds Are a Ghoul's Best Friend is the seventh episode of the third season of What's New, Scooby-Doo?, and the thirty-fifth overall in the series.
When the gang goes to Russia to watch the Moscow Invitational Hockey Tournament, they encounter a ghostly hockey player known as the Frozen Fiend.
Insert details here.
Cast and characters
- Frozen Fiend/Galina Korzhakov
|| The diamonds on the Emperor's Cup originally belonged to his family.
| Super Fans
|| They would do anything to help the US hockey team get the trophy.
| Galina Korzhakov
|| She was booed by the hockey fans.
- In this episode, Fred tries to shortcut the formula by trapping the villain before the mystery is solved -- it doesn't work.
- The title is a parody of the famous song, "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend".
- Shaggy mentions having eaten at a wrestling arena, a reference to previosu episode Wrestle Maniacs.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- Shaggy's neck is too fat when he's carrying Scooby.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- Velma has a never before mentioned love for ice hockey. While it may appear to be an inconsistency, it's possible it's something she came to love over time off-screen.
In other languages
|| Το Φάντασμα του Πάγου
|| The Ghost of the Ice
"(Hockey fan dressed in a meatball costume, wearing a chef's hat and holding a miniature Swedish flag, with Swedish accent) Sweden! How swede it is!"
— Swedish hockey fan '
"(Crowd boos and throws garbage at Galina off the ice rink while chanting "Hockey!") Oh, boo all your booing! Boo booing!"
— Daphne '
"Scooby's been afraid of ice ever since that incident with the hotel ice maker. You remember. That whole tail freezing thing?
Scooby-Dooby-Doo! I'm still cold"
— Shaggy and Scooby '
"(As Scooby and the gang enter Lenin's tomb) "Lenin's tomb"?! (laughs) Why is it never, like, "Lenin's Pizzeria"?"
— Shaggy '
"U! S! A!
— Super Fans and Fred '