|This needs a stretch. (Feel free to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
Insert details here.
- Velma Dinkley
- Mystery Inc. dopplegängers (single appearance)(VR simulation)
- Shaggy Rogers
- Fred Jones
- Daphne Blake
- Dr. Laslow Ostwald (final appearance)
- Princess Penelope Powerheart (single appearance)(VR simulation)
- Benji (single appearance)(VR simulation)
- Tad (single appearance)(VR simulation)
- Mitch (single appearance)(VR simulation)
- Osomons (single appearance)(VR simulation)
- Damian (single appearance)(VR simulation)
- Travis (single appearance)(VR simulation)
- Security kid (single appearance)(VR simulation)
- Sherlock Holmes (no lines)(VR simulation)(cameo)
- Dr. John Watson (no lines)(VR simulation)(cameo)
- Train passenger (single appearance)(VR simulation)
- Zombie kids (single appearance)
- Gooey-Oh (VR simulation)
- The Mystery Machine (real and VR simulation)
- Los Angeles, California
|Tad & Mitch||They were jealous of Dr. Ostwald making better video games than them.|
|Benji||He'd do anything to impress Princess Powerheart.|
|Princess Powerheart (Linda)||She was fired by Professor Ostwald and reduced to dressing up at the conventions.|
|Dr. Laslow Ostwald||He was using Velma to test his virtual reality game. The Osomons weren't real, and neither were her friends.|
|"Holiday"||Written by Xander Smith and Jennifer Finch||OtherStarPeople|
- Velma (and the rest of the gang) met Dr. Ostwald in the season two episode High-Tech House of Horrors.
- E-Scream was originally scheduled to air on April 23, 2005, but was preempted for ¡Mucha Lucha!
- Technically, there was no monster or bad guy or mystery in this episode, as the whole thing was just a game.
- This episode was released five months before it had aired on the DVD What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Volume 8 - Zoinks! Camera! Action!
- This is the only time in standard continuity that the Mystery Machine can change into another vehicle with the press of a button. Coincidentally, the van transforming into different vehicles was one of the gimmicks in the next series to follow, Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get a Clue! This ability to transform the van was previously used in the series Amazing Chan and the Clan Chan.
- There were four clues that helped Velma solve the case.
- Fred didn't want the gang to split up.
- Daphne wore a green shoe instead of another purple one and didn't care about them not matching.
- Shaggy and Scooby actively volunteered to be live bait.
- The big giveaway was that Shaggy said "Toinks" instead of "Zoinks."
- This episode was included in Cartoon Network's Scooby-Doo! Back to School Marathon (August 10-11, 2013).
- The episode's title may be a pun on the gaming conference called E3.
- The Osomons are a play on either anime Pokémon or Digimon, the former of which also aired on the now defunct Kids' WB.
- The real Daphne dresses in a similar outfit to Catwoman's.
- Gooey-Oh is a play on another Kids' WB anime Yu-Gi-Oh! The hair on top of the toy also partly resembles Yugi's/Atem's spiky hair.
- When Dr. Ostwald is showing Velma his virtual mystery game, there are references to famous fictional detectives such as Sherlock Holmes and John Watson in the first location, and Hercule Poirot when they appear inside the train car.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- Daphne's green shoe turns purple when Tad and Mitch walk away with their Gooey-Oh creature, and when she is taken away by the Osomons.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- The opening scare scene shows the Osomons coming out before Velma started playing the game. Perhaps Dr. Ostwald was exercising a scene he later decided to delete.
- Dr. Ostwald's simulator apparently defies the laws of space, since Velma (not knowing he was still in it) manages to move a long distance.
- It is strange that Velma, having "left" Ostwald's game, did not notice that her friends were no longer with the costumes they wore at the beginning of the episode.
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Volume 8 - Zoinks! Camera! Action! DVD released by Warner Home Video on February 21, 2006.
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Complete 3rd Season DVD set released by Warner Home Video on January 8, 2008.
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|Reef Grief!|| What's New, Scooby-Doo?|