|Needs a stretch!|
This article needs more details, such as a synopsis. Remove this tag when the article has been properly expanded.
|What's New, Scooby-Doo?|
|Airdate||July 21, 2006|
|Written By||George Doty IV|
|Directed By||Chuck Sheetz|
|Previous Episode||Reef Grief!|
Two boys at the video game conference in Los Angeles take a peek back stage and find that the cute small furry Osomons are real! When one of the boys picks one up they transform into mean and angry monsters, frightening the kids away.
Cast and characters
|Frank Welker|| Scooby-Doo|
Virtual Fred Jones (uncredited)
|Casey Kasem|| Shaggy Rogers|
Virtual Shaggy Rogers (uncredited)
|Mindy Cohn||Velma Dinkley|
|Grey DeLisle|| Daphne Blake|
Virtual Daphne Blake (uncredited)
|Ben Diskin|| Benji|
Zombie kid #1
|Jennifer Hale|| Princess Penelope Powerheart (credited "Linda")|
Zombie kid #3
|Josh Peck|| Damian|
Security kid (credited as "Kid")
Zombie kid #2
|James Arnold Taylor|| Dr. Laslow Ostwald|
|"Holiday"||Written by Xander Smith and Jennifer Finch||OtherStarPeople|
|Tad & Mitch||They were jealous of Dr. Ostwald making better video games than them.|
|Benji||He'd do anything to inpress Princess Powerheart.|
|Linda||She was fired by Professor Ostwald and reduced to dressing up at the conventions.|
|Dr. Laslow Ostwald||He was using Velma to test his virtual reality game. The Osomons weren't real, and neither were her friends.|
- This episode is not only the third season finale, but also the series finale of What's New, Scooby-Doo?.
- E-Scream was originally scheduled to air April 23, 2005, but was preempted for ¡Mucha Lucha!.
- This episode was released five months before it had aired on the DVD What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Volume 8 - Zoinks! Camera! Action!.
- This is Dr. Ostwald's second appearance; he last appeared in High-Tech House of Horrors the previous season.
- The episode's title may be a pun on the gaming conference called E3.
- The Osomons are a play-on the real-world game, Pokemon, and Gooey-Oh is a play on the real-world game, Yu-Gi-Oh!; also, the spikes on top of the Gooey-Oh toy is similar to Yugi's/Atem's hair from the Yu-Gi-Oh! TV series.
- This is the only time in standard continuity that the Mystery Machine can change into another vehicle with the press of a button.
- There were four clues that helped Velma solve the case
- Fred didn't want the gang to spilt up.
- Daphne wore a green shoe instead of another purple one.
- Shaggy and Scooby didn't want a Scooby Snax.
- The big giveaway was that Shaggy said "Toinks" instead of "Zoinks".
- This episode was included in Cartoon Network's Scooby-Doo! Back to School Marathon (August 10-11, 2013).
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- Daphne's green shoe turns purple when Tad and Mitch walk away with their Gooey-Oh creature, and when she is taken away by the Osomons.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- The opening scare scene shows the Osomons coming out before Velma started playing the game. Perhaps Dr. Ostwald was exercising a scene he later decided to delete.
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Volume 8 - Zoinks! Camera! Action! VHS.
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Volume 8 - Zoinks! Camera! Action! DVD.
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Complete 3rd Season DVD set released January 8, 2008.