|This needs a stretch. (Feel to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
The Fraternitas Mysterium was a group of mystery-solving friars with a donkey mascot named Porto.
- Friar Gabriello Serra: Leader with strong chin. The Fred Jones equivalent.
- A short, heavyset monk. Probably the Velma Dinkley equivalent.
- A taller, more handsome monk. Probably the Daphne Blake equivalent.
- A tall monk with shaggy hair and a small beard. The Shaggy Rogers equivalent.
- Porto: Donkey mascot. The Scooby-Doo equivalent.
They arrived at Crystal Cove and encountered a conquistador. He warned the monks before his madness got the best of him, and he ran away, leaving behind two important disc pieces. The mystery solving monks were corrupted by the Planispheric Disk and their mascot blew up half of Crystal Cove in the early to mid 1500s. Their leader managed to retrieve the disc piece the donkey stole before it was eaten by alligators, and it was later hidden in a wheel of cheese.
Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
The ghost of Gabriello Serra appears to the gang and explains how Porto destroyed the original Crystal Cove, and that the animal mascot in each mystery-solving group always became corrupted first. He told them to "heed the warning of the alligators," which may have been a reference to the sign in Gatorsburg that blinked out some of its letters to spell "The dog dies." Serra also warned the group against awakening the "memory of Nibiru."
Additionally, he may also have been the ghost that attacked George Avocados; Avocados, who had been disguising himself as Serra's ghost confessed that he hadn't orchestrated the attack on himself. (Theater of Doom)
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
- Mystery-solving monks may be a nod to the fictional detective Brother Cadfael.
- Their name means "Mystery Fraternity" in Latin.
- It is an unexplained mystery how the monks who saw the arrival of the ship with the conquistadors survived to see the destruction of Crystal Cove, about 150 years later (according to Velma's tour narration in Beware The Beast From Below).