|This needs a stretch.|
Fred Jones is the self-appointed leader of Mystery Inc..
This page is for additional biographical facts about him that can be gathered from the comics.
- Fred's family is from New Lichfield, Massachusetts (The Star-Spangled Spectre)
- Fred graduated from Coolsville High School, where Principal Weathers is in charge. When he visited the school later, a old teacher named Mrs. Harpee recognized him, called him "Frederick," and tried to give him detention. (High School Ghoul)
- Weathers is proud of her "famous graduates" and invited them all back as chaperones for a prom. (Prom Fright).
- Fred is the favorite nephew of his rich Uncle Thurmond, who invited him and the gang to stay at his beach-front estate in Miami.
- Fred's grandmother (maternal or paternal side unspecified) invited the gang to a fancy party, and Fred thought Shaggy Rogers ought to shave for it. (Stubble Trouble)
- Fred's paternal grandfather is Theodore Jones, a retired movie actor who starred in films like The Return of the Monster Hunter. Fred was inspired by him to hunt monsters himself. Fred also imitated the fashion style of his grandfather; it is from him that he learned to wear ascots. (Legend Of The Silver Scream).
- Uncle Staxo who runs a wax museum. (Wax Attacks!)
- Uncle Jesse runs a rodeo. (Broncs And Boogiemen)
- Uncle William, Mayor of Lighthouse Harbor, and his wife Aunt Glenda. (Curse Of The Irate Pirate)
- Cousin Tedd, who is the producer for the TV show Mystery Macabre.
- Uncle Ned who runs a traveling carnival. (Locked Room Misery)