|This needs a stretch.|
Insert details here.
- Mr. Johnson (single appearance)
- Mrs. Johnson (single appearance)
- Bartholomew Byfard Boo (single appearance)(ghost)
- Ms. Spelling (single appearance)
- Mr. O'Greazy (first appearance)
|Mr. O'Greazy||He wanted to buy the home of the Johnsons and use the land for a fast-food place.|
|Ms. Spelling||She wanted to buy the home of the Johnsons and use the land for a fancy restaurant.|
|Jack as BooBeard||He wanted the valuable land the Johnsons' house stood on to develop a high-rise.|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
|Christina Lange||Velma Dinkley|
|Kellie Martin||Daphne Blake|
|Carl Steven||Freddie Jones|
|Michael Bell|| Jack|
|James Avery||Mr. Johnson|
|Charlie Adler||Mr. O'Greazy|
- Red Herring doesn't appear in this episode.
- Mr. Boo is the first and only real ghost to appear in A Pup Named Scooby-Doo.
- The title parodies the famous movie title, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- For unknown reasons, Scooby and Shaggy's Commander Cool and Mellow Mutt costumes are red and yellow, instead of blue and white. Shaggy's glasses and Scooby's mask are missing as well.
- When Jack is talking to Mr. and Mrs. Johnson about buying their house and tearing it down, the scene cuts to Scooby, Daphne and Mr. Boo looking surprised. At this shot, Mr. Boo is suddenly opaque, compared to the rest of the episode where he is semi-transparent.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- In spite of the fact that there's a real ghost in this episode, the following episodes have to go back to them not being real, which can be partly excused through Daphne, who still denies their existence even with living proof (so to speak).
In other languages
|Greek||Το Φάντασμα του Πειρατή||The Pirate Ghost|
|Polish||Duch, który wpada na kolację||Ghost who's coming for dinner|
- A Pup Named Scooby-Doo: Volume 3 DVD released by Warner Home Video on July 18, 2006.
- A Pup Named Scooby-Doo: Complete 1st Season DVD set released by Warner Home Video on March 18, 2008.