|This needs a stretch.|
Insert details here.
- Officer Johnson (first appearance)
- Jason Wyatt (first appearance)
- Sheriff Bronson Stone
- Professor Pericles (first appearance)
- Guard 2 (first appearance)
- Willard (first appearance)
- Brenda (no lines)
- Angie Dinkley
- Randy's mom
- Snappy Jack (only time mentioned)
- Monkey (single appearance)(no lines)
- Mr. Bendy (single appearance)(no lines)
- Original Mystery Incorporated (mentioned)
- Professor Emmanuel Raffalo (photograph)
- British nerd (single appearance)
- French nerd (single appearance)
- Minjo (single appearance)
- Deputy (no lines)
- Bear (single appearance)(no lines)
- Chihuahua (single appearance)(no lines)
- Mr. E (mentioned)
- Crystal Cove
- Willard's coffee
- Jason Wyatt's spider robot
- Chubby the Chipmunk Educational Antennae Ball
- Crystal Cove News
|Scooby-Doo||The Fright Hound was made to look like him.|
|Jason Wyatt||He knew how to make robots and had a stalker-crush on Velma.|
|Mrs. Wyatt, operating the Fright Hound||Revenge for believing her son was mistreated.|
- Jason has a newspaper clipping of mentioning how stocks have dived and the ghost-based economy has been undermined because they uncovered the monster scam of Professor Emmanuel Raffalo, which happened in the first episode.
- Daphne asks if the Mystery Machine's engine is missing again when it comes to a stop, which happened in The Creeping Creatures.
- This episode is a homage to the 1980 film, The Terminator, with a robotic dog taking the place of a humanoid robotic skeleton, the T-800.
- The Fright Hound survives the flames of an exploding car, similar to how T-800 survived the flames of an exploding fuel truck.
- The police station scenes.
- Its disguise is burnt off at the police station, showing its exoskeleton underneath. This actually happened later on in Terminator.
- The climax takes place in a factory, they also both managed to bust down a factory door, just like the movie, and after the robot is believed to have been destroyed it makes one final attempt before being crushed to death at the very end.
- Even the music is alluded to.
- "Jason Wyatt" is also the name of the production manager of this series.
- The room holding Professor Pericles is similar to the cell for Magneto in the first two X-Men movies.
- The uncanny way Pericles disturbs those who visit him is similar to Hannibal Lector in The Silence of the Lambs.
- When Officer Johnson calls up Sheriff Stone stating that all of the animal inmates have been rounded up (except for Professor Pericles), one of the inmates being wheeled in at the time resembled Yogi Bear.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- The Crystal Cove News has a photo of Shaggy, Scooby, and Velma has them depicted in a happier place than what has been depicted during season one. Not at one point in the season (or even season two) would this likely have happened.
- After being wrecked by the Fright Hound, the roof of the Mystery Machine looks okay when the van drives to the factory.
- The Fright Hound is credited as the "Demon Dog", which is actually a description given of it within the episode.
In other languages
|Spanish (Latin America)||El Sabueso Endemoniado||The Demoniac Hound|
|Spanish (Spain)||El Aullido del Monstruo Sabueso||Howl of the Hound Monster|
|French||Qui Veut la Peau de Scooby-Doo?||Who Wants the Skin of Scooby-Doo?|
|Portuguese||O Uivo do Cão Sinistro||The Howl of the Sinester Hound|
|Hungarian||A Hasonmás||The Alter Ego|
|Greek||Το Ουρλιαχτό του Σκύλου Ρομπότ||The Howl of the Robot Dog|
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: Season One, Volume 3 DVD released by Warner Home Video on September 27, 2011.
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: The Complete Season 1 DVD set released by Warner Home Video on October 8, 2013.
- Scooby-Doo! Mystères associés: L'intégrale de la saison 1 (Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: The entirety of season 1) DVD set released by Warner Home Video on October 3, 2012.
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|Battle of the Humungonauts|| Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated|
|The Secret Serum|