Make a Beeline Away from that Feline is the ninth episode of the third season of Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!,[Note 1] and the thirty-fourth episode overall in the series. It was later repackaged as the ninth episode of the third season of The Scooby-Doo Show, and the thirty-third episode overall in the series.
Daphne's aunt transforms into a cat creature late at night when the cat creature locket glows, and robs jewelry stores in her sleep.
The gang visit Daphne's aunt, Olivia Dervy, who lives in New York. On the way to her apartment, they witness a robbery in a jewelry store. Scooby falls down into the sewer and sees a strange cat-like creature carrying an armful of expensive jewelry. They head to Olivia's apartment, where she tells them she has been suffering from terrible nightmares. A few weeks ago, she received a cat medallion in the mail, and began having dreams ever since. She dreamed she turned into a cat creature and began to commit robberies. They call her doctor, Dr. Bell, to give her some prescriptions. After that, The gang decide to investigate who sent Olivia the package, along with the robbery in the jewelry store.
Shaggy and Scooby discover the package was sent from a cemetery, where they find the crypt where the cat creature lies. Meanwhile, Fred, Velma, and Daphne, discover that there is a trap door in the jewelry store that lead to the cemetery. The gang meet up in the cemetery and head back to the hotel, where Olivia has had another nightmare. Also, there are wet paw-prints leading from her window to her bed, convincing her that she is really transforming into a cat creature. The gang devise a scheme to catch the cat creature. They eventually catch him after Scooby-Doo leads him on a harrowing elevator ride, and discover that it is Dr. Bell.
He used the cat medallion to hypnotize Olivia so he could pin his robberies on her, and escape with millions of dollars worth of jewelry.
- Cat Creature (single appearance)(no lines)(Dr. B.B. Bell's disguise)
- Dr. B.B. Bell (single appearance)
- Cab driver (single appearance)
- Police officers (single appearance)(no lines)
- New York City, New York
- Dr. Bell's prescription
- Cat Medallion's shipping package
- Mile Long Hot Dog
- Cat medallion
- The Mystery Machine
|Cab driver||He warned the gang that some people go in the York Towers and never come out.|
|Hascul||Hostile attitude and suspicious lurking around.|
|Olivia Dervy||She had jewels that matched the ones stolen from Bixby's Jewellers.|
|Dr. Bell as the Cat Creature||To steal jewels.|
|Casey Kasem|| Shaggy Rogers|
Dr. B.B. Bell
|Frank Welker|| Fred Jones|
|Heather North||Daphne Blake|
|Pat Stevens||Velma Dinkley|
|Shirley Mitchell||Olivia Dervy|
- This is the penultimate episode that would reuse the name Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!. After the following episode, the remaining episodes yet to air would finish under the Scooby's All-Stars block.
- The real York Towers (the apartment that Daphne's aunt is staying at) is an apartment building located on East 79th Street in the Upper East Side of Manhattan, built in 1961
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- None known.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- When the cat creature broke into the elevator, the glass disappears instead of being on the floor of the elevator.
In other languages
|Greek||Ο Σκούμπι και η Τεράστια Γάτα||Scooby and the Giant Cat|
|Hungarian||Ez a macskaméreg nem a ciánkáli||This Cat Poison is Not the Potassium Cyanide|
- Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!: The Complete Third Season DVD set released by Warner Home Video on April 10, 2007.
- Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!: The Complete Series (limited edition) DVD set released by Warner Home Video on November 9, 2010.
- Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!: The Complete Series DVD set released by Warner Home Video on November 21, 2011.
- Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!: The Complete Series DVD set released by Warner Home Video on November 13, 2012.
- ↑ a short-lived revival attempt
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|Jeepers, It's the Jaguaro!|| The Scooby-Doo Show|
|The Creepy Creature of Vulture's Claw|