|What's missing, Scoobypedia?|
Mummy's The Word is the first part of the third episode of the first season of The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show.
While driving through an Egyptian desert, the guys are caught up in a sandstorm, and when they uncover themselves, they spot a pyramid and it's spooky inhabitant, a ancient mummy.
Scooby, Scrappy and Shaggy are driving through the Egyptian Desert. They are so hot that they see a mirage of a refreshment stand. After getting buried in a sand storm, they soon discover a pyramid. Shaggy is worried because that's "a real dead place", where the ancient pharaohs were buried, but Scrappy runs in ahead. Inside, Scooby and Shaggy are horrified by a living pharaoh's head that turns out to be Scrappy wearing the mask.
They do however, encounter a moving mummy who comes after them. Scrappy wants to attack, but Scooby grabs him. They hide in ancient paintings, and then try to escape on a boat in an indoor lake, but what looks like stepping stones are actually hungry crocodiles. Shaggy and Scooby narrowly escape their jaws, which Scrappy is able to simply snap shut.
The mummy appears again, and Scrappy simply unwinds him. But upon leaving the pyramid, the mummy's spirit follows them outside, leaving footprints in the sand. The gang see this as they still hear his moans, and run to the Mystery Machine, driving off into the desert.
Cast and characters
|Don Messick|| Scooby-Doo|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
- The episode title is a play on the phrase, "mum's the word."
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- Scooby and Scrappy's dogtags should have their initials stylised in teal, but are prone to have the following mistakes (including being completely covered in teal or just empty):
- Scooby takes off the cup from the flask, but it's still on.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- None known.
In other languages
|Hungarian||A múmia titka||The Secret of the Mummy|
- Scooby-Doo in Swamp Witch VHS released 1990.
- The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show: Volume One DVD set released May 20, 2008.