|This needs a stretch.|
The Mystery Solvers Club State Finals is interrupted by Lord Infernicus, a maniac monster who can produce fire.
Insert details here.
Cast and characters
|Frank Welker|| Scooby-Doo|
Fred Jones, Jr.
Speed Buggy (dream)
|Matthew Lillard||Shaggy Rogers|
|Grey DeLisle||Daphne Blake|
|Mindy Cohn||Velma Dinkley|
|Patrick Warburton||Sheriff Bronson Stone(dream)|
|Vivica A. Fox||Angel Dynamite (dream)|
|Jim Cummings||Captain Caveman (dream)|
|Tom Kenny|| Jonathan Wellington Muddlemore (credited as "Funky Phantom") (dream)|
|Kate Higgins||Principal Quinlan (dream)|
|Rick Wasserman|| Lord Infernicus (dream)|
- Lord Infernicus/Funky Phantom (dream)
|Jonathan Wellington Muddlemore (Funky Phantom) as Lord Infernicus (dream)||To become a leading investigator instead of a sidekick.|
- Scooby and the gang are based on the way they were originally drawn in Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! (only with the production value of today) in the dream, which makes sense, because the episode is based off the old Hanna-Barbera cartoons of that time.
- Speed Buggy, Jabberjaw, Captain Caveman and Funky Phantom are based off their original counterparts, all of whom (except the Funky Phantom) had appeared amongst Scooby-Doo in Laff-A-Lympics as members of the Scooby Doobies; Speed Buggy had also appeared in an episode of The New Scooby-Doo Movies. Funky Phantom and Speed Buggy also appeared in an issue of the Scooby-Doo comics to help rescue Mystery Inc. from prison.
- The Neptunes, The Teen Angels, Speed Buggy's friends, and Funky Phantom's friends appear in this episode, but have no lines.
- The flashback in Mudsy's story is based off of the intro of his series.
- April, Augie, and Skip's dog, Elmo appears in the flashback but is strangely not in the present.
- Gary Cole is credited as Mayor Fred Jones, Sr. and "Black Knight" despite neither character appearing; Mayor Jones however is mentioned by Principal Quinlan.
- The Chairman scared Scooby because he looked like the Funky Phantom, except his coloring was different.
- The word "photosynthesis" is written on the classroom board, first seen written by Professor Raffalo in the series pilot.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- Daphne's sleeve is blue instead of purple before Fred goes off to "grieve."
- Fred's eyebrows are yellow when he says "What are we waiting for, gang?"
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- Shaggy's missing from the gang's table when the principal opens the folder.
- The Funky Phantom is revealed to not be a real ghost, even though he can fly and is white. Then again, this was just a dream, so it didn't have to make sense.
In other languages
|Italy||Finali Nazionali Dei Risolutori Di Misteri||Mystery Solvers Club State Finals|
|Hungarian||A Rejtélyfejtő Bajnokság döntője||The Mystery Solver Championship Final|
|Greek||Τελικός Πολιτιακών Αγώνων Μυστηρίου||Mystery State Finals Race|
|French||La Finale des Amateurs de Mystère||Mystery Amateurs Finals|
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: Season One, Part 2 - Crystal Cove Curse DVD set.
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: The Complete Season 1 DVD set released October 8, 2013.
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|When The Cicada Calls|| Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated|
|The Wild Brood|