|Needs a stretch!|
This article needs more details, such as a synopsis. Remove this tag when the article has been properly expanded.
|Night on Haunted Mountain|
|Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated|
|Airdate||August 8, 2012|
|Written By||Roger Eschbacher|
|Directed By||Doug Murphy|
|Previous Episode||The Gathering Gloom|
|Next Episode||Grim Judgement|
Gary and Ethan are attacked by the Dark Lilith on Mount Diabla and lose the soccer team's lucky soccer ball. As the gang begins to investigate, the monster attacks them and a band of hillbillies at their camp in nearby Scorpion Ridge. One of the hillbillies named "Ugly Jimmy," catches Daphne's eye as, unlike the rest of the tribe, he is handsome and muscular. Jimmy decides to help the gang solve the mystery.
The gang falls into a cave and meets an amnesiac explorer calling herself "Boron" who is holding Fred's soccer ball, believing it to be her lover. She leads the gang to the Dark Lilith's hideout after the monster attacks Jimmy; the hideout turns out to be an old Spanish galleon. After solving the mystery, the gang is thanked by the hillbillies as it is revealed that "Ugly Jimmy" was deformed in the fall. The gang drives off unaware they're being watched by the ghost of a Conquistador, which mumbles about "Nibiru" and laughs ominously as it fades away while they return to town.
Cast and characters
- Credit errors
- Not really an error, but Dark Lilith is credited as "Lilith".
- Dark Lilith/Hot Dog Water (redeemed)
|Granny Snaggletooth||She warned the gang to leave. She goes away before Dark Lilith appeared.|
|Boron||Her craziness and the possession of the ball taken from Gary and Ethan.|
|Hot Dog Water as the Dark Lilith||To get the fifth piece of the Planispheric Disk for Mr. E.|
- In one scene, Velma and the Mystery Incorporated had a piece of the disk belonging to Professor Pericles.
- This is the second time Hot Dog Water has been disguised as a monster, using her "super helium" invention. This time however it was to get a piece of the disk for Mr. E.
- When a door is opened on the old ship, there is a glimpse of a diamond-shaped doorknob like the ones in Secret of the Ghost Rig.
- This episode was aired in Latin America and Brazil on October 22, 2012.
- Fred's "trapping sense" tingling is a reference to when Spider-Man's "spider-sense" would tingle.
- Lilith is a female demon figure in Jewish mythology.
- Velma is the only one who currently knows about Hot Dog Water being Dark Lilith.
- The desert with saguaro cactus, within a short driving distance of Crystal Cove, is another clue that the town is in California rather than Florida.
- In the series schedule on the Cartoon Network site the episode is listed as The Night on Haunted Mountain, possibly a former title.
- The title may be a reference to the song "Night on Bald Mountain".
- This is one of many episodes that has references to Bavaria. Gary wears lederhosen like Shaggy and Fred did in the previous episode.
Inconsistences/continuity errors and/or goofs
- It is impossible that Fernando El Aguirre was able to build the mechanical traps, because they are very advanced for the time.
In other languages
|Italian||La Baia Di Cristallo||The Crystal Bay|
|Spanish (Latin America)||Una Noche en la Macabra Montaña||A Night on Macabre Mountain|
|Hungarian||Éj a sátáni hegyen||Night on the Devil Mountain|
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: Season Two, Part 1 - Danger in the Deep DVD set released November 13, 2012.
- Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: Field of Screams DVD compilation set to be released May 13, 2013.
The Gathering Gloom