|This needs a stretch.|
The gang is smuggled into a strange country to help the Princess break an ancient curse place upon her mother.
Insert details here.
- Captain Masonov (single appearance)
- Prucilla (single appearance)
- Ghost in the Iron Mask (single appearance)(Captain Masonov and Prucilla's disguises)
- Princess Adora's grandmother (single appearance)(no lines)(flashback only)
- Karl Von Samo (single appearance)(no lines)(flashback only)
- Princess Adora's mother (only time mentioned)
|Regent||He was worried that he lose his influence over the royal council, once Adora becomes queen.|
|Prucilla||She is the next in line for the throne, if Adora doesn't marry.|
|Captain Masonov and Prucilla as the Ghost in the Iron Mask||To make Prucilla queen so she would have power and Masonov would have wealth and revenge.|
The first story is an entertaining but easily solvable romp that's based upon the swashbuckler-genre made popular by Dumas' Three Musketeers and movies such as Son of Monte Cristo. Bolstered mostly by the humor of Shaggy and Scooby as well as a feisty Princess who gets the best line, the Scooby Snack also features some strong characterization of Fred. Daphne and Velma however are almost sidelined.
The artwork by Leo Batic is mostly on model and outstanding where Shaggy and Scooby are concerned. However, his sense of scale falters when depicting Velma and Daphne. When running away from the faux ghost, they look to be about the same size. Velma should as earlier panels depict look up to Daphne.