|This needs a stretch.|
Insert details here.
- Anne-Marie (single appearance)
- Jordan Anger (single appearance)
- Principal Weathers (single appearance)
- Monster (single appearance)(disguise)/
- Kevin (single appearance)(redeemed)
- Dex (single appearance)(redeemed)
- Other students (single appearance)(no lines)
|Dex||He wanted to win Anne-Marie back.|
| Kevin as the monster|
|To make Jordan look like a coward so Dex could win Anne-Marie back.|
- Principal Weathers has appeared before, in High School Ghoul. Her school is the one from which the whole gang graduated, Coolsville High School. Dex and Anne-Marie also make a second appearance.
- A poster at the prom says "2001: A Dance Odyssey," so the presumptive date of this adventure is 2001.
In the first story, John Rozum reveals a little bit more about the gang while twisting the trite plot point of the school prom being the event in fiction. Usually a prom highlights the couple, but Mr. Rozum cleverly leaves a lot of room for those who doubt the Daphne/Freddie relationship. Are they a couple, or are they simply friends? You decide.
The prom in the horror genre usually translates the often life-changing reality into a life-changing surreality where you can wind up dead, eaten by Hellhounds or find yourself awash in pig's blood and telekinetically hurled through a window.
Mr. Rozum nicely marries "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" to the spooky traditions of the prom in horror fiction. By thinking about the reality of the situation, he elects a more realistic outcome if such hogwash ever would occur during a real prom. He also spares little sympathy for either the antagonist or the character who would be the traditional protagonist. It's a daring move that allows the Scooby Gang to be the more mature individuals and more overtly heroic.