|Needs a stretch!|
This article needs more details, such as a synopsis. Remove this tag when the article has been properly expanded.
|A haunting need for images|
|Recipe for Disaster|
|What's New, Scooby-Doo?|
|Airdate||March 23, 2004|
|Written By||Bill Cluverius|
|Directed By||Tom Mazzocco|
|Previous Episode||The San Franpsycho|
|Next Episode||Large Dragon at Large|
After Shaggy wins a trip to the Scooby Snax Factory the gang prepare for a well deserved holiday. Unfortunately there is very high security in the factory because of spies. But, worst of all, the ghost of a former employee who died in the Scooby Snax paste vat is lurking in the shadows.
Insert details here.
Cast and characters
|Frank Welker|| Scooby-Doo|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
|Grey DeLisle||Daphne Blake|
|Mindy Cohn||Velma Dinkley|
|Jeff Bennett|| Ernest Bailey|
|Susanne Blakeslee||Penelope Bailey|
|Larry Drake|| Moss T. Meister|
|Tara Strong||"Trudy Lowe"|
|"Sabre Dance"||Credits||Love Sculpture|
|Ernest Bailey||He says that he sleepwalks.|
|Moss T. Meister||His unpleasant attitude.|
|Trudy Lowe||The gang finds out that she is a spy.|
|Trudy Lowe as the fake Scooby Snack Monster||To steal the Scooby Snack recipe for a rival factory.|
|Penelope Bailey as the Scooby Snack Monster||To protect the company from industrial espionage.|
- This is an extended homage to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- The gang wins a tour of the factory as the result of winning a contest.
- Earnest Baily wears a top hat like Willy Wonka.
- Scooby and Shaggy want to drink from a flowing river of food, like Augustus Gloop.
- They are sucked up a pipe, also like Gloop.
- They are nearly pulled into a fan, like Charlie Bucket in the first movie version.
- They nearly get fed into an incinerator like Veruca Salt.
- They become so full they become round and have to be rolled like Violet Beauregarde.
- A giant-size product package catches the monster, like the one in the room that tempted Mike Teavee.
- A glass elevator goes up into the air, like in the book sequel The Great Glass Elevator.
- There are spies trying to steal the formula for rival companies.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- The fan blade had nowhere else to fall but down the pipe, so it should have been under Scooby and Shaggy's feet when they landed, but it wasn't.
- When the gang find Penelope tied to the chair, her feet aren't tied together. But, in the following scene and the flashback, they are.
In other languages
|Greek|| Η Συνταγή της Καταστροφής|
Η Συνταγή για την Καταστροφή
| The Recipe of Disaster|
The Recipe for Disaster
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Complete 2nd Season DVD set released June 7, 2007.
- Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: For the Love of Snack DVD compilation set released January 7, 2014.
The San Franpsycho
Large Dragon at Large