|This needs a stretch. (Feel free to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
Needed: Synopsis is incomplete, the ending is missing
Dylan and Brenda are preparing the volleyball nets for the tournament. Suddenly, a giant crab-like beast appears. It grabs Brenda and pulls her beneath the sand. Dylan thinks it's a joke at first, but then realises that Brenda wasn't coming back. And then the Man-Crab appears again.
The gang have now arrived for the tournament and Shaggy decides to gets some clam cones. Velma disagrees and wants him to try and cut down on junk food. When being served, Velma mentions about Skipper Shelton's nose, which is a big mistake.
Then the tournament begins, with female players playing first. Suddenly, the man-crab appears and pops the beach ball. It chases the players away while cutting the net in half. Angel Dynamite who was commentating on the tournament tries throwing sharp discs at the creature, but it just blocks them away and they fly back towards Angel who dodges them. The man-crab finds a female player and takes her to a tent where they both disappear. They find a locker with the name Skipper Shelton, which is spilling sand, implicating that the Cabin owner was the culprit.
When Sheriff Bronson Stone arrives, he decides that he can't handle the man-crab and that the games should continue, and Peter Trickell agrees. He turns out to be the founder of a new 'low-fat' water. Fred decides to set a trap and it turns out to be simple. Shaggy is finding it hard not to avoid the Clam Cabin because of what Velma said. But he decides that he wants some more clam cones, but gets caught in Fred's trap. Meanwhile Velma puts losin on Daphne's back, which might help attract Fred's attention, because he likes shiny things. the man-crab plucks Velma into the Mystery Machine and then chases Daphne. She heads towards the trap, which now contains Shaggy and Scooby. Without anywhere else to go, the man-crab drags her beneath the sand. Fred seems distraught at this and starts digging furiously.
At the broadcasting house, he continues to do this, claiming that he won't stop until he's reached Daphne. The remaining members of the gang, look into the local library for information on the last Kids that vanished from Crystal Cove, after receiving a lead from Mr. E. It says that they were lost down in the Crystal Cove Caves. So they investigate by taking torches. They come across an enormous wooden stairwell that leads right up to the roof of the cavern, where probably the tournament is held. They find a cage with Brenda, Dylan, Daphne and the female vollyeball player. After setting them free, the man-crab arrives and they are chased wildly around the caverns. With no where else to go, Shaggy and Scooby climb frantically up the wooden stairwell and break through the surface. They race towards Fred's trap and the man-crab is caught.
They gang believe it's Skipper Shelton, but he suddenly arrives on the scene. A face appears inside the man-crab of Bud Shelton, the 'non-fat' water seller they'd seen. Apparently, he was the first to discover the water and wanted revenge on Peter Trickell for stealing his creation.
- Mystery Incorporated
- Mayor Fred Jones, Sr.
- Sheriff Bronson Stone
- Angel Dynamite
- Skipper Shelton
- Peter Trickell (single appearance)
- Brenda (first appearance)
- Dylan Ryan (first appearance)
- Nan Blake (no lines)(flashback only)
- Barty Blake (no lines)(flashback only)
- Wedded Blake sister (single appearance)(no lines)(flashback only)
- Wedded Blake sister's husband (single appearance)(no lines)(flashback only)
- Volleyball player (Suzie Chan lookalike) (first appearance)(no lines)(cameo)
- Crystal Cove citizen (Pebbles Flintstone lookalike) (first appearance)(no lines)(cameo)
- Crystal Cove citizen (Bamm-Bamm Rubble lookalike) (first appearance)(no lines)(cameo)
- Mr. E (voice only)
- Crystal Cove
|Skipper Shelton||For moving his cabin every time they held a volleyball tournament.|
|Peter Trickell||He doesn't seem concerned about the Man-Crab attacks.|
|Bud Shelton as the Man-Crab||For revenge against Peter Trickell for taking his idea.|
- It is revealed that Daphne has a seafood allergy.
- Also, Daphne has at least one other sister outside of the quadruplets—this particular sister works as an astronaut and is married to a fellow astronaut (they both even got married in their spacesuits).
- Judging from the way Daphne's dad was dressed at her sister's wedding (which includes a purple sash, a sword and a large gold medallion), it's possible that he has some connections to foreign nobility.
- Velma begins to try to tell Shaggy what to do. In this episode she wants him to eat more healthy. This continues and concludes in the next episode when he doesn't like her changing everything about him.
- The monster and culprit in this episode look very similar to another pair seen in the direct-to-video film Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island.
- The character models of couple, Dylan and Brenda, could be a reference to the on-again, off-again couple of Beverly Hills, 90210.
- In the first scene after the opening, when the Mystery gang is going to the stands, in the background there appears to be cameos of the teen-aged versions of Pebbles Flintstones and Bamm-Bamm Rubble from The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show, a spin-off of The Flintstones.
- David Faustino, the actor playing Bud Shelton, is best known in the role of another hapless guy named Bud: Bud Bundy of the sitcom, Married With Children...
- The episode draws some similarities to the films, Jaws, as it involves a giant sea creature-like monster that attacks people on a beach and the authorities are too ignorant to shut down the beach and do anything about the crab. The way the Man Crab pulls its victims down is also similar to the way the shark pulls its victims down.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- None known.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- It seems to be an odd coincidence that Bud and the Skipper have the same last name. There is no indication they are related. Further adding to the confusion, the cast list refers to him as "Bud Coleman."
In other languages
|Spanish||La Venganza del Hombre Cangrejo||Revenge of the Man Crab|
|Portuguese||A Vingança do Homen-siri|
|Hungarian||A Rákember bosszúja|
|Polish||Zemsta Kraboluda||Revenge Krab|
|Italian||II Mostro Della Sabbia||The Monster of the Sand|
|French||L'Attaque du Crabe Géant||Attack of the Giant Crab|
|Greek|| Η Εκδίκηση του Καβουράνθρωπου
Η Εκδίκηση του Ανθρώπου Καβούρι
| The Revenge of the Crabman
The Revenge of the Man Crab
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: Season One, Volume 1 DVD released by Warner Home Video on January 25, 2011.
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: The Complete Season 1 DVD set released by Warner Home VIdeo on October 8, 2013.
- Scooby-Doo! Mystères associés: L'intégrale de la saison 1 (Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: The entirety of season 1) DVD set released by Warner Home Video on October 3, 2012.
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|The Secret of the Ghost Rig|| Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated|
|The Song of Mystery|