After winning a design-your-own roller-coaster contest, the gang earns free tickets to Thrill Ride Park, only to discover that a sour green ghoul is sabotaging all the rides.
A para-sail ride is hijacked by a furry green monster, nearly injuring the riders.
The Mystery Gang is invited to Thrill Ride Park after Shaggy and Scooby win a roller-coaster design contest. There, they meet grungy Chris and chipper Terry, twin sisters who run the park, but are nothing alike. The Roller Ghoster appears again, sabotaging the sky-dive simulator, canon-launch and Rocket Coaster and almost hurting the Mystery Gang. A sample of Chris' hair and her wrench are found at the Rocket Coaster scene. The suspects are now Chris, a reporter and an angry young boy.
A chase sequence results in the Roller Ghoster being caught, and it is revealed that chipper Terry dressed up as the ghoul out of jealousy, and is released on account of doing nothing illegal. But is presumed to be in deeper trouble when Chris decides to tell their mother.
Shaggy, Scooby and the young boy ride their designed coaster All You Can Hurl.
Cast and characters
|"Saying Goodbye"||Credits||Performed by The Muffs|
- Roller Ghoster/Terry (redeemed)
|Chris||Her wrench was found at one of the sabotaged rides. A brush with green fur was found at the main office.|
|Terry||A brush with green fur was found at the main office.|
|Eddie||He was disappointed that he was too short to go on a roller coaster at Thrill Ride Park.|
|Harry Harrison||For ratings for his website.|
|Sam||He doesn't like the new rides and cherishes the old ones.|
|Terry as the Roller Ghoster||To build whatever she wanted and take control of the park.|
- The stuffed animals that burst out of the tent which the Roller Ghoster falls into are based on other Hanna-Barbera characters including Peter Potamus, Yogi Bear, Snorky the Elephant, Top Cat, Atom Ant, Boo-Boo Bear, Fred Flintstone, Squiddly Diddly, and Cindy Bear.
- It's possible that Chris and Terry's mom is the one who owns the park while her daughters basically run it for her, based on how freaked out Terry got when Chris said she was going to tell their mom about what Terry did.
- It's also possible that Chris and Terry might be twins, because they look to be about the same age and bare a striking resemblance to each other.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- On the ride to Thrill Ride Park, Daphne's robe-like top is a regular one. She actually wears one at the tail end of the WNSD era in Scooby-Doo! And The Samurai Sword and Scooby-Doo! And The Goblin King.
- Presumably it was intentional, but the ticket taker's nametag is empty and his hat has an empty oblong patch which likely is supposed to have the park's name on it.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- Everyone turns a blind eye to the fact that they were in serious danger and what Terry did was in fact illegal and should've been arrested for it.
- The end of this episode with Scooby in a life-size bowl of ice cream and Shaggy not minding is the exact opposite of at the end of Lights! Camera! Mayhem! when Scooby was inside the popcorn machine at the theatre and Shaggy saying he didn't want any. Of course that was meant as a joke, but this would be far more unsanitary than what happens in Lights! Camera! Mayhem!.
In other languages
|Greek||Το Τέρας του Λούνα Παρκ||The Amusement Park Monster|
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Volume 2 - Safari, So Goodi! VHS.
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Volume 2 - Safari, So Goodi! DVD.
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Complete 1st Season DVD set released February 20, 2007.
Riva Ras Regas
Safari, So Goodi!