Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
When the gang goes on safari, they encounter a variety of freaky, yellow-glowing demon animals.
In the middle of the night, campers sleeping in the safari are awakened by an unearthly sound. Coming out from their tents they are confronted by animals who have become demons. They are chased away from the site and are forced to head into the river.
The gang are taken to the safari on a coach and meet a very close couple, Henry and Honey Hunsecker. They claim that this is the third time they've visited the safari. On arrival, the gang and the couple are taken on a boat ride down the dangerous river with Cap'n Robbie along with another visitor Lloyd Mbuku. Through his binoculars, Fred spots an animal with an eerie yellow glow over its body. Suddenly, up ahead they realize that they are heading towards a deadly waterfall and the Captain is unable to control the boat. They crash down to the bottom of the river.
The gang awake on one side of the river and come across the rest of the visitors and the Captain, who seem to be fine. They continue down the river on foot and meet two animals, a giraffe and a gorilla. They are suprised by how small the number of animals there are. They decide to camp, but in the night, they are attacked by the glowing animal terrors.
After a scary attack, the group realize that two of them are missing, Scooby and Jacko (Mbuku's monkey). While they search, Daphne and Velma talk with Mbuku about Daphne finding a police badge inside his wallet. Mbuku confesses that he is an undercover policeman and not a t-shirt salesman. Mbuku's monkey suddenly shows up, but has changed, he is now vicious. But Velma cures this by giving the monkey some music to listen to. The gang realize that the yellow glow is fake.
The group come across a seemingly abandoned ship moored on their side of the river. They investigate the ship and find the missing animals (including Scooby) in cages and free them. Daphne accuses Henry and Honey for the crime of poaching and the couple run away, but the animals catch up to them and block their escape. Daphne explains part of her reason for suspecting the Hunseckers: while going on an African safari is great for an adventure, it's probably not the best for a romantic honeymoon.
The animals perform for Fred's safari documentary as the gang prepare to leave. Daphne asks Scooby-Doo what they're saying, but his only repsonse is "Scooby-Dooby-Doo!"
- Cap'n Robbie Kumbazi (single appearance)
- Lloyd Mbuku (first appearance)
- Jacko (single appearance)(no lines)
- Dr. Joan Goodfew (single appearance)
- Jungle demons (single appearance)(no lines)(disguise)/
- Miscellaneous African animals (single appearance)(no lines)(hypnotized)(redeemed)
- Henry Hunsecker (single appearance)
- Honey Hunsecker (single appearance)
- Native bearer (single appearance)
- Safari members (single appearance)(miscellaneous speaking)
- Monkeys (single appearance)(no lines)
- Niagara Falls (mentioned)
- Cincinnati (mentioned)
- Tour bus
- Capetown Katie (destroyed)
|Dr. Joan Goodfew||She believes that the civilization and the video safaris expelled the animals.|
|Henry and Honey Hunsecker||They were already three times on this safari.|
|Lloyd Mbuku||He had a police badge in his wallet.|
|Cap'n Robbie Kumbazi||He said he had no map, but he's lying.|
|Henry and Honey Hunsecker||Controlling the animals because they wanted to sell them to exotic collectors as pets.|
|Song||Credits||Performed by||Character performance by|
|"It's a Rad, Rad World"||Written by Gigi Meroni and Rich Dickerson||Sebastian Robertson||N/A|
|"Here I Come Vegas"||Written by Rich Dickerson and Gigi Meroni||Lindsay Pagano||N/A|
|"2 Cute 2 4-Get"||Written by Rich Dickerson, Gigi Meroni, and Jim Krieg||Maria Carmen Diaz and Joseph Corella||N/A|
|"Hatari Safari"||Written by Rich Dickerson and Gigi Meroni||Rich Dickerson||N/A|
- Shaggy's Walkman contains "It's a Rad, Rad World" from There's No Creature Like Snow Creature, "2 Cute 2 4-Get" by the Mystery Kids from It's Mean, It's Green, It's the Mystery Machine, and "Here I Come Vegas" by Lindsay Pagano from Riva Ras Regas; "2 Cute 2 4-Get" was used to free Jacko.
- This episode features plot elements from the episode Scooby of the Jungle of The New Scooby and Scrappy Doo Show (the setting is a wildlife preserve in Africa, animals are disappearing, mind control is being used on the animals).
- The Mystery Machine is not in this episode.
- The "Katie" in "Capetown Katie" may be from Katharine Hepburn, who played a leading role in the classic African boat movie, The African Queen.
- Joan Goodfew is a parody of Jane Goodall.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- None known.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- Animals such as lions, cheetahs, and zebras do not live in the African jungles alongside gorillas as seen in this episode, they are found on the African plains/savannahs.
- "Cape Town" is misparsed as one word on Cap'n Robbie's boat, and in closed captions. Since most of the places in this episode don't exist in real life, it's possibly just the way it's spelt in here (at least in the case of Cap'n Robbie's boat, the closed captioning people shouldn't have gotten it wrong.)
In other languages
|Greek|| Πάμε για Σαφάρι|
| Let's Go on a Safari|
Have a Nice Safari!
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Volume 2 - Safari, So Goodi! VHS released by [[Warner Home Videoon March 9, 2004.
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Volume 2 - Safari, So Goodi! DVD released by Warner Home Video on March 9, 2004.
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Volume 2 - Safari, So Goodi! DVD released by Warner Home Video on June 24, 2004.
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Complete 1st Season DVD set released by Warner Home Video on February 20, 2007.
- Scooby-Doo! and the Safari Creatures DVD released by Warner Home Video on March 6, 2012.
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|Roller Ghoster Ride!|| What's New, Scooby-Doo?|
|She Sees Sea Monsters by the Seashore|