Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Scooby's Roots is the third part of the first episode of the second season of The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show.
Scooby, Scrappy and Shaggy visit Scooby Manor to see Grandpa Scooby. Scooby is at first startled when he sees him in a window, and upon their greeting, Grandpa confesses he never could understand that boy. Grandpa serves them biscuits, and when Shaggy and Scooby pull their routine of grabbing all of them first, Scrappy and Grandpa beat them to the draw, grabbing them all back, before they even know what happened. He makes them more, plus an upside down cake.
But Scooby Manor is haunted by a horn-blowing ghost, who tosses the food at them. Shaggy, Scooby and Grandpa hide under a rug, and then, all four hide in a picture. Scrappy, on a fountain, spits water at the ghost. Next, using feathers from pillows, they disguise as chickens. The ghost comments "Chickens is right, Yee-haw!"
Grandpa, giving up, begins packing to leave Scooby Manor, and Shaggy and Scooby help him. The ghost appears out of a drawer, saying there is no place in Scooby Manor for cowards. Scrappy has had enough, and confronts the ghost for calling his elders cowards. To everyone's shock, the ghost, (surprised that Scrappy is related to the cowardly Scoobies) takes him in his arms, and unmasks. It is the ghost of Grandpa's pappy, Great Grandpa Scooby, a Civil War hero. He praises Scrappy's bravery saying one out of three ain't so bad.
- Grandpa Scooby (single appearance)
- Sheet ghost (Great-Grandpa Scooby) (single appearance)(disguise)
- Great-Grandpa Scooby (single appearance)(ghost)
|Don Messick|| Scooby-Doo|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
- If Scooby's father also had the same first name (and there wasn't also other past ancestors with the name), then that would make him Scooby-Doo, IV. That's if they weren't on his mother's side.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- None known.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- Technically, Grandpa Scooby is Scrappy's great grandfather, and Great-Grandpa Scooby is his great-great grandfather.
In other languages
|Greek||Οι Ρίζες του Σκούμπι||Scooby's Roots|
- Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: Surf's Up, Scooby-Doo! DVD set released by Warner Home Video on May 5, 2015.