|This needs a stretch.|
The team visit Scotland to see Daphne's cousin, Shannon, but their holiday turns into a major mystery when the mythlogical Loch Ness Monster appears and wreaks havoc at Blake Castle. Not only will this affect the lives of the locals but it will destroy the traditional games that are held at Blake Castle every year. It's up to the gang to solve the mystery and answer the question that has baffled mankind for years: "Is the Loch Ness Monster real?"
Insert details here.
Cast and characters
|Frank Welker|| Scooby-Doo|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
|Grey DeLisle|| Daphne Blake|
|Mindy Cohn||Velma Dinkley|
|Michael Bell|| Duncan MacGubbin|
|Jeff Bennett|| Del Chillman|
Sir Ian Locksley
|John DiMaggio|| Colin Haggart|
|Phil LaMarr|| Angus Haggart|
|Sheena Easton||Professor Fiona Penbrooke|
|Loch Ness Monster|
|"Brothers Forever"|| Lyrics by Tom Chase and Joe Sichta|
Produced by Tom Chase
|"Come and Get It"|| Lyrics by Tom Chase and Joe Sichta|
Produced by Tom Chase
|Maureen Davis and Molly Pascetti|
|"Back on the Train"||Written by Trey Anastasio and Tom Marshall|| Phish|
(Courtesy of Elektra Records)
(By arrangement with Warner Strategic Marketing)
|"Brown Dog"||Written by Keith Roberts, Brendan Holmes, Chas Waltz, Bob Boulding and Dave Ingraham|| The Young Dubliners|
(Courtesy of Higher Octave)
(By arrangement with EMI Film and Television Music)
|Lachlan Haggart||He said that the more people believe in the Loch Ness monster, the better the business for his inn.|
|Sir Ian Locksley||He returned to Drumnadrochit when the attacks of the Monster began.|
|Fiona Penbrooke||She wanted to prove the existence of the Loch Ness Monster.|
|Del Chillman||He was obsessed with the Loch Ness Monster.|
|Duncan MacGubbin||He hold the record for the most Nessie sightings.|
|Prof. Fiona Penbrooke as the Loch Ness Monster||To prove that the Loch Ness monster was real to nonbelievers.|
|Colin and Angus Haggart as the land-going Loch Ness Monster||To play a prank.|
- Daphne's surname was revealed in The New Scooby and Scrappy Doo Show episode, No Sharking Zone.
- NATLAS first appeared in the What's New, Scooby-Doo? episode, There's No Creature Like Snow Creature.
- Coolsville is the hometown of the gang, as established in the A Pup Named Scooby-Doo episode, A Bicycle Built For Boo!.
- The Scooby films are now no-longer produced in the retro feel that the previous two films were, and the gang is now voiced by the cast of What's New, Scooby-Doo?, including Grey DeLisle and Mindy Cohn. DeLisle however was in Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase and briefly replaced by Heather North Kenney for the previous two films.
- This is also the first to feature the Mystery Inc. gang in the same clothes they wore in What's New, Scooby-Doo?.
- This is the first feature length Scooby-Doo movie to be set in Scotland, but it is not the first time the gang have been to Scotland, nor is it the first time that the gang have encountered the Loch Ness Monster. Also the real Loch Ness looks nothing like what is depicted here.
- At the end of the movie, Scooby spotted the real Loch Ness Monster.
- It is revealed in this movie that Daphne has Scottish ancestors.
- Daphne is danger-prone because it runs in the family, a running gag in the old episodes for Daphne to be danger-prone.
- This movie features the only appearance of Daphne's cousin, Shannon who looks exactly like Daphne only with short hair, grundge clothing and a Scottish accent.
- Del Chillman returns in Chill Out, Scooby-Doo!, where he mentions this movie by stating that "Nessie was a no-show".
- The main monster strongly resembles The Giant Behemoth.
- Fred made up nicknames of: Velma=Mama Bird and Fred=Baby Bird, he did other names like Alpha, Bravo, Charlie and Delta which are possibly for either Shaggy, Scooby and Del.
- Scholastic Inc. released a novelization of the story in conjunction with the film.
In other languages
|Greek||Scooby-Doo! και το Τέρας του Λοχ Νες||Scooby-Doo! and the Loch Ness Monster|
"For centries we've had a culture of fallin' trought trapdoors, finding dangerous pasage ways and getting caught in complicated booby traps of our own design, Blakes have been famous for being - how should I put this? - danger prone."
(As the gang looks at Daphne) "What?"
"Well gang, here we are, welcome to - Drumna... Drummy - Drumno... Dramunoono..."
"-I won't have any further mention off (spots Fiona) GOOD GRAVY! WHAT IN THE BLAZES ARE YOU DOING HERE!"
"Opps it slip right outda me hands!"
(Flying away with the helium ballon) "Ha! That's really funny Colin!"
(Lachlan starring at Colin) "It was only a joke dad." (to Angus) "Hang on you nitwit! I'm comin'!"
"*Sigh*... I asked for jocks and ya sent me jokesters instead."
"Like, Scoob, I think we locked our selves outda the castle!"
"Well, look at the bright side scoob at least its not raining!"
(Lightning flash) (starts raining)
"Nice thinkin' pal, it'll take more than a rainstrorm to dampen our spirits!"
(Nessie spots them)
- - Shaggy and Scooby.
"What happened guys?"
"Scooby! Stomach! Kitchen! Ghost! Bats! Chase! Monster!" "Reah! Ronster"
"And I thought we Scottish spoke funny."
"They went looking for a midnight snack and were chased down here by nessie!"
- - Fred, Shaggy, Scooby, Shannon and Daphne.
-Scooby after seeing that Nessie is real.
"Daphne, I can't see your sweater is in the way!"
"That's not my sweater."
-Fred, Daphne, and the Sheep.