Scooby-Doo! Classic Creep Capers is a platform game released for the PC, the N64 and the Gameboy Color. It was released in the year 2000. IGN gave the game a 4.8 out of 10 because the sound lacked an authentic voice-over and the graphics were blurry on low-resolution TV or computer screens.
The N64 and PC version let the player follow Shaggy and Scooby, while the Gameboy Color version lets the player follow all of the gang. Health has been replaced by a fright meter. If Shaggy empties his fright meter he will leave the area and the player has to restart. Decreasing the fright meter can happen from things as simple as a spider or bat, but can be as complex as getting hit by a mechanical dinosaur or running into the levels monster. Fans of the original TV show will find alot of the gags from the cartoon hidden in the game. One instance is when Shaggy and Scooby hide in a 2-Dimensional mural to escape the Black Knight Ghost.
There are five villains in the game including one which was a version-exclusive to the Gameboy Color.
The Black Knight
The Black Knight Ghost first appeared in the episode What A Night For A Knight. In this game however their are a few prominent differences. The plumage (Knight Feather) is blue in the game instead of red, and the armor has a few design differences. As well as when he scares you the yell he makes has a higher composition than that of the original Black Knight.
The Snow Ghost
The Snow Ghost first appeared in the episode That's Snow Ghost. The Snow Ghost in the game, like the Black Night, features a few differences. In the game his horns are blue, while in the show they were white. His eyes also seemed to have changed form orange to blue.
The Witch Doctor
The Witch Doctor first appeared in the episode A Tiki Scare is No Fair. There is only one difference between the Witch Doctor in the game and the one in the episode. The skull can be seen hanging from his staff sometimes, while in the show it stayed on top of the staff.
The Ghost of Mr. Hyde
This villain is a version-exclusive to the Gameboy Color version. The Ghost of Mr. Hyde first appeared in the episode Nowhere to Hyde. There were no noticable changes in the Gameboy Color.
The Ghoul King
The Ghoul King's first and only appearance is in Scooby Doo! Classic Creep Capers. He is the mastermind behind the whole game. He is a skeleton that wears a large blue robe with a golden crown, and has two large green wings.
N64 and PC version
The N64 and PC versions were the first versions to come out. They included the stories of The Black Knight, The Snow Ghost, and The Witch Doctor. Levels one-three are retellings of What a Night for a Knight, That's Snow Ghost and A Tiki Scare is No Fair with a few differences.
- The Black Knight didn't kidnap Velma and tie her to a pole.
- In the game, there is a security guard present in the museum. In the cartoon, the museum is unguarded when the gang sneaks in.
- Fu Lan Chi is renamed Fu Chin Li, and is depicted as the former owner of the Wolf's End Lodge, who hid himself in a Tibetan shrine after being scared away by the Snow Ghost.
- Mr. Leech is depicted as Mr. Greenway's assistant at the lodge, instead of a guest. He is also overheard by Shaggy and Scooby in a radio conversation with Rex Necros, and chases the two of them around the lodge's library when he discovers them.
Gameboy Color version
The Gameboy Color version was released after the success of the N64 version. Instead of telling the stories of the Black Knight, the Snow Ghost, and the Witch Doctor, this version only told the story of the Ghost of Mr. Hyde. Many fans liked this game because of its similarities to the popular game Maniac Mansion.
- The Black Night Level - What a Night for a Knight (walkthrough)
- The Snow Ghost Level - That's Snow Ghost (walkthrough)
- The Witch Doctor Level - A Tiki Scare is No Fair (walkthrough)
- The Mr. Hyde Level - Nowhere to Hyde (walkthrough)
- The Ghoul King Level - The Case of the Classic Creeps (walkthrough)
Cheats and codes
Their are numerous cheats and codes for Scooby-Doo! Classic Creep Capers
|C-Up, C-Left, C-Down, C-Up, C-Down, Up, Right, Down, Left, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up, and Downoic||Unlimited Courage|
|Hold L and press C-Up, C-Down, C-Up, C-Down, Up, Down, Up, Down, Right, Left, Right, Left||Level Skip|