|Needs a stretch!|
This article needs more details, such as a synopsis. Remove this tag when the article has been properly expanded.
|A haunting need for images|
|Scooby-Doo! and the Spooky Scarecrow|
|Runtime||22 min. 38 sec.|
|Starring|| Frank Welker|
Grey DeLisle Griffin
|Producers|| Victor Cook|
Alan Burnett (co-producer)
Jason Wyatt (line producer)
Sam Register (executive producer)
|Music||Robert J. Kral|
|Edited By||Bruce A. King|
|Written By|| Story:|
|Directed By||Michael Goguen|
|Previous Show||Scooby-Doo! Haunted Holidays|
|Next Show||Scooby-Doo! Mecha Mutt Menace|
Scooby-Doo! and the Spooky Scarecrow is a Halloween special, and the third special to be produced by Warner Bros. Animation for DVD, originally available through Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: Run for Your 'Rife! September 10, 2013.
Premise taken from TVShowsonDVD.com.
Scooby-Doo and the rest of the ghost-busting gang visit a quiet farm town where everyone prepares for the annual Halloween harvest celebration. Of course, things are not as quiet as they seem, since the town's creepy cornfield is plagued by a scarecrow brought to life by a witch's curse! Will our always-hungry heroes, Scooby-Doo and Shaggy, be able to stop gulping down goodies long enough to solve this mystery?
Insert details here.
Cast and characters
|Frank Welker|| Scooby-Doo|
|Matthew Lillard||Shaggy Rogers|
|Mindy Cohn||Velma Dinkley|
|Grey DeLisle Griffin||Daphne Blake|
|Jeff Bennett|| Mr. Bumpy|
|Steve Blum|| Cornfield Clem (credited as "Clem")|
|Wendie Malick||Sheriff Kern|
|Gary Anthony Williams||Mayor Husk|
- Cornfield Clem/Abner
|Mayor Husk||Sinister manner. He wouldn't let anyone goes into the Corn Maze.|
|Sheriff Kern||Unpleasant attitude. She also wouldn't let anyone goes into the Corn Maze.|
|Mr. Bumpy||Creepy appearance. He sold costumes of Cornfield Clem.|
|Abner as Cornfield Clem||To keep people away from the corn maze while he searched for his buried stolen money.|
- Cobb Corner
- In the end, Shaggy is dressed up like Blue Falcon (a reference to Scooby-Doo! Mask of the Blue Falcon), Daphne as a cat woman (a reference to Scooby-Doo! And The Goblin King), and Velma as a witch (a reference to The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries episode, A Halloween Hassle at Dracula's Castle).
- There isn't an opening sequence.
- The werewolf prop in the cornfield slightly resembles the Hideous Hyde Hound from Scooby-Doo! Mask of the Blue Falcon.
- One of the popcorn vendors at the beginning resembles the store owner from Scooby-Doo! Camp Scare, in a more upright position.
- The music during the exposition after the unmasking is from Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated.
- The man who takes a picture of Levi and Maizy as the Corn Cobb King and Queen resembles Lance Damon from Scooby-Doo! Stage Fright, only with brown hair and lighter clothing.
- Fred is also dressed as a knight (possibly a reference to the Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated episode, The Grasp of the Gnome).
- Cartoon Network didn't air this special on Halloween 2013 (following its DVD release the same year), instead they aired the What's New, Scooby-Doo? special, A Scooby-Doo Halloween.
In other languages
|Italian||Scooby-Doo! E Il Mistero Del Granturco||Scooby-Doo! And The Mistery Of The Corn|
- Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: Run for Your 'Rife! compilation DVD set released September 10, 2013.