|This needs a stretch.|
|A haunting need for images|
Needed: Main image.
Scooby-Doo! and the Spooky Scarecrow is the third in a series of direct-to-video short films based upon Hanna-Barbera's Scooby-Doo Saturday morning cartoons. It was released on DVD on September 10, 2013.
Scooby-Doo and the rest of the ghost-busting gang visit a quiet farm town where everyone prepares for the annual Halloween harvest celebration. Of course, things are not as quiet as they seem, since the town's creepy cornfield is plagued by a scarecrow brought to life by a witch's curse! Will our always-hungry heroes, Scooby-Doo and Shaggy, be able to stop gulping down goodies long enough to solve this mystery?
Insert details here.
- Levi (single appearance)
- Maizy (single appearance)
- Mayor Husk (single appearance)
- Sheriff Kern (single appearance)
- Mr. Bumpy (single appearance)
- Cornfield Clem (single appearance)(disguise)/
- Abner (single appearance)
- Witch (single appearance)(flashback only)
- Jake (single appearance)
- Jake's friend (single appearance)
- Dwayne (single appearance)
- Mother (only time heard)
- Grave keeper (single appearance)
- Cobb Corner
- The Mystery Machine
|Mayor Husk||Sinister manner. He wouldn't let anyone goes into the Corn Maze.|
|Sheriff Kern||Unpleasant attitude. She also wouldn't let anyone goes into the Corn Maze.|
|Mr. Bumpy||Creepy appearance. He sold costumes of Cornfield Clem.|
|Abner as Cornfield Clem||To keep people away from the corn maze while he searched for his buried stolen money.|
- In the end, Shaggy is dressed up like Blue Falcon (a reference to Scooby-Doo! Mask of the Blue Falcon), Daphne as a cat woman (a reference to Scooby-Doo! And The Goblin King), and Velma as a witch (a reference to The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries episode, A Halloween Hassle at Dracula's Castle).
- There isn't an opening sequence.
- The werewolf prop in the cornfield slightly resembles the Hideous Hyde Hound from Scooby-Doo! Mask of the Blue Falcon.
- One of the popcorn vendors at the beginning resembles the store owner from Scooby-Doo! Camp Scare, in a more upright position.
- The music during the exposition after the unmasking is from Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated.
- The man who takes a picture of Levi and Maizy as the Corn Cobb King and Queen resembles Lance Damon from Scooby-Doo! Stage Fright, only with brown hair and lighter clothing.
- Fred is also dressed as a knight (possibly a reference to the Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated episode, The Grasp of the Gnome).
- Cartoon Network didn't air this special on Halloween 2013 (following its DVD release the same year), instead they aired the What's New, Scooby-Doo? special, A Scooby-Doo Halloween.
- Its expected broadcast date is October 24, 2015. It's unknown why it took two years to air in the US.
In other languages
|Italian||Scooby-Doo! E Il Mistero Del Granturco||Scooby-Doo! And The Mistery Of The Corn|
- Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: Run for Your 'Rife! DVD set released by Warner Home Video on September 10, 2013.
- ↑ All Upcoming Times for Scooby-Doo! and the Spooky Scarecrow". Zap2it. Retrieved October 14, 2015.
- ↑ tvshowsondvd.com/news/Scooby-Doo-13-Spooky-Tales-Run-For-Your-Rife/18478