|This needs a stretch. (Feel to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
Scooby-Doo! in Jungle Jeopardy is a children's book by Scholastic.
Insert details here.
- Professor Peabody (single appearance)
- McGurty (single appearance)
- McGurty's accomplices (single appearance)(no lines)
- Cat creatures (single appearance)(no lines)(McGurty and accomplices' disguises)
- Blonde-haired female archaeologist (single appearance)(no lines)
- Central America
|McGurty and three unnamed accomplices as the cat creatures||To keep treasures they found for themselves.|
Inconstitencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- Professor Peabody hugging Daphne at the end seemed a bit inappropriate for a teacher-student relationship even if she was a college student (which she probably wasn't).
- Although Professor Peabody was referred to as working in archaeology, after that, the expedition team was just generalised as scientists.
- It took Shaggy to just happen to see the pyramid in a few minutes when Professor Peabody had probably been looking for quite awhile.
- Scooby being tough to the cat creatures just because they're cats doesn't seem at all justifiable given his reaction to other cat creatures he's faced before and after this (at least in animated continuity).
- McGurty referred to Professor Peabody's claim of seeing a cat creature one of his "crackpot theories". What were these other so-called crackpot theories? Allowing himself to be taken to Central America to search for a lost pyramid? Well he certainly found it. Of course he probably said that to keep up the pretense that the search was hopeless. If this was the case then his change of attitude (if it was any different before) should have been noticed. Of course the pyramid wasn't explicitly referred to as why they came to Central America, but it's the only example.
- It's unknown what happened to the one archaeologist who didn't betray Professor Peabody after her first appearance.