Scooby-Doo and Genie-Poo is the second part of the ninth episode of The Scooby & Scrappy Doo Puppy Hour.
While on the beach, Shaggy, Scooby, and Scrappy come across a magic bottle that contains Jasmine the Genie and her dog Genie Poo. When Genie Poo develops a crush on Scooby, she will stop at nothing to keep him.
Scooby, Scrappy and Shaggy are on a beach having a picnic. What Scooby thinks is a soda bottle is actually a genie bottle. When he shakes it, a female genie, Jasmine, and her poodle Genie Poo appear out of it. Genie Poo likes Scooby and zaps him with a love spell, and then the genies take off with him to find the museum where they can find the spell that will take them back to ancient Arabia. Scooby doesn't want to go, and just as Shaggy realizes they get three wishes for freeing her, she causes the beach umbrella to close on them, and they take off on a magic carpet.
Shaggy and Scrappy pursue in the Mystery Machine, but the radiator overheats. When Scrappy says they can only catch them with a plane or hot air balloon, Shaggy brilliantly creates one with an inner tube he inflates with steam from the radiator. They are able to grab Scooby midair, but the genie creates a magical hand which deflates the tube and Scooby lands back on the carpet, leaving Shaggy and Scrappy intertwined on a flagpole. Shaggy tells the genie "I wish we could trade places", forgetting he had three wishes. So he and Scrappy are now on the magic carpet, and the genies and Scooby are on the flagpole --which is on the museum they were looking for.
Jasmine finds the spell, but Scooby hides in a dinosaur skeleton. Genie Poo zaps him and not only does he fall in love again, but he also attacks Shaggy and Scrappy who flew in through a window to his rescue. Scrappy "wishes" Scooby wouldn't act that way, using their second wish. Genie Poo grabs Scooby with her tail and they disappear back to the beach to look for the bottle.
The others follow on the carpet, and Scrappy "wishes" Shaggy could land it safely, before realizing that he used their last wish. They make one last attempt to grab Scooby, but Genie-Poo takes him and Jasmine reads the spell, and a flash is seen off screen. As Shaggy and Scrappy cry over Scooby, Shaggy saying he loves him more than a pepperoni pizza--with cheese. But Scooby is still there, having escaped from the genies.
- Arabia (mentioned)
- Museum of ancient history
- Jasmine's bottle
- Beach umbrella
- Magic carpet
- Inflatable tube
- Ancient book of spells
|Don Messick|| Scooby-Doo|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
- This is the third time Scrappy cries, the first is in Scrappy's Birthday during the flashback of his birth after he went out of the womb, the second is in Runaway Scrappy when he ran away feeling unloved.
- The genie bottle looks very similar to the one used in I Dream of Jeannie. The whole episode parodies that TV series and its cartoon spin-off Jeannie, which crossed over with Scooby-Doo in The New Scooby-Doo Movies episode, Mystery in Persia.
- The love interest between Genie-Poo and Scooby is like that between Jeannie and Major Nelson, who fended off her amorous intentions for several seasons until they eventually married.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- When Scrappy was glad Scooby escaped the genies, the rock behind him was green.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- None known.