|This needs a stretch.|
The kids head over to the Marine Institute, to help Velma's Aunt Thelma figure out where all the dolphins have disappeared too, but they discover a Headless Skateboarder, who tries to chase them away.
Insert details here.
- Headless Skateboarder (single appearance)(disguise)/
- Al (single appearance)
- Sandy Sneakers (single appearance)
- Seaweed Monster (Red Herring) (single appearance)(no lines)(disguise)
- Skipper (single appearance)(no lines)
- Beach vendor (single appearance)
- Hotdog vendor (single appearance)(no lines)
|Sandy Sneakers||Tire tracks from her jeep were at all the places were the skateboarder showed up.|
|Gnarly Charlie||He didn't like the Marine Institute because it attracted tourists that cluttered the beach.|
|Al||He was known to be involved with drugs in the past, though he claimed he had reformed.|
|Red Herring||As always.|
| Al as the Headless Skateboarder|
|To smuggle drugs.|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
|Christina Lange||Velma Dinkley|
|Kellie Martin||Daphne Blake|
|Carl Steven||Freddie Jones|
|Scott Menville||Red Herring|
|Jerry Houser|| Al|
- This is probably the first time in the Scooby-Doo franchise where an episode makes a reference to a real social issue: drugs. This was a national crisis during the 80's and many cartoons during that time had been discussing it. When this episode aired, Nancy Reagan's Just Say No campaign was prevalent; this campaign from the 1980s and early 1990s was part of the U.S. War on Drugs and it was used to discourage children from engaging in illegal recreational drug use.
- Because of this, in the UK, Cartoonito skips over this episode, although it does air the episode of Baby Looney Tunes, Who Said That?!, where Daffy learns a bad word.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- None known.
Inconstitencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- In the beginning of the episode Red Herring gets pinched by a lobster after scaring Scooby and the gang. The lobster is bright red. Lobsters acquire their red color after being boiled. Live lobsters are actually a dark greenish-brown color.
- How does Velma know this much about drugs that she can recognize them at first glance? Perhaps she's that smart.
In other languages
|Greek||Η Εξαφάνιση των Δελφινιών||The Disappearance of the Dolphins|
|Polish||Scooby Duduś||Scooby Dude|
- A Pup Named Scooby-Doo: Volume 3 DVD released by Warner Home Video on July 18, 2006.
- A Pup Named Scooby-Doo: Complete 1st Season DVD set released by Warner Home Video on March 18, 2008.
- Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: Surf's Up, Scooby-Doo! DVD set released by Warner Home Video on May 5, 2015.
Shaggy: (narration) Like, Velma got a call one morning, and the next thing we knew, the Scooby-Doo Detective Agency were on its way to the beach.
Freddie: Okay, Red, time to pay up.