|This needs a stretch.|
Scooby Gumbo is the third part of the ninth episode of the first season of The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show.
The gang is in New Orleans for Mardi Gras, and when they stop for some gumbo at a local restaurant, the chef refuses to serve dogs.
The gang is enjoying a Mardi Gras parade in New Orleans. They stop at a sea food restaurant and place their orders. As soon as the chef recognizes two of the customers as dogs, he throws all three out. They disguise themselves with beards and mustaches and return, successfully placing an order.
Then Scrappy begins playing with a coin-operated scuba ghost diver, and its head-gear lands on the waiter, and Scrappy takes his disguise off. The waiter chases them and they disguise as divers on a parade float. He gets wise to it, and they then disguise themselves as horn players. He stuffs Scooby into a tuba, and Scooby comes out in its shape. He also stuffs Scrappy into a trumpet, but Scrappy comes out of its mouthpiece and blows it in the man's face.
They next run and hide in his kitchen, first in a garbage can, then in pots. Scrappy makes some sticky "Scrappy gumbo" to splat him with, and he likes it. He still won't allow dogs in his restaurant, but now allows them in his kitchen as chefs. Scrappy accidentally squirts icing on Scooby. Shaggy jokes that it looks like he'll be dessert, to which Scooby laughs, licking the frosting around his face.
Cast and characters
|Don Messick|| Scooby-Doo|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
|Actor||Mechanical scuba diver|
|Mardi Gras parade performers|
|Mardi Gras parade spectators|
- The joke involving Scooby asking where a dog was after being identified in a negative way is present.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- None known.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- It's unsafe for people to stand in the middle of the road as the parade is happening. Scooby proved that at the beginning.
- More realistically, a waiter should've been serving them, and not the chef himself.
- Maybe the chef could've prevented himself from slipping while serving shrimp if he hadn't been running to begin with.
- The chef is actually contradicting himself at the end when he says he still won't let dogs in his restaurant, but will allow them in his kitchen. What he should've said was that he still wouldn't let them eat in his restaurant, but would allow them to cook in his kitchen. Of course, either way it's still unsanitary.
In other languages
|Greek||Ο Μάγειρας||The Chef|
- Scooby-Doo: Personal Favourites VHS.
- Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: For the Love of Snack DVD compilation set released January 7, 2014.