- For the original animated incarnation of this character, see Scrappy-Doo.
|Scrappy-Doo (Scott Innes)|
Amateur slueth (formerly)
|Affiliation||Mystery Inc. (formerly)|
|Voice actor||Scott Innes|
Scrappy Cornelius Doo is the nephew of Scooby-Doo.
His ears are pointed and slightly bent at the tip. His coat is brown and he has a black nose and brown eyes. During his time with the Mystery Inc. gang, he wore a red collar.
Scrappy was described by Velma as a egomaniac, evident as he called the gang "losers" and decided that they make him leader. He was also very irritating as he constantly believed in ghosts despite Fred telling him that there's no such thing as ghosts.
He travelled with Mystery Inc. until they kicked him out for being a nuisance, prompting him to later take his elaborate revenge.
He had shown up at Spooky Island's casting audition for an evil elf, then subdued and hid away Mr. Mondavarious so he could assume his identity for his evil scheme.
- For his time masquerading as Emile Mondavarious, see Emile Mondavarious (Scrappy-Doo).
Scrappy released the creatures of the island on all the college students and Mystery Inc. and had their soul ectoplasm replaced with the creatures.
Scrappy found he needed Scooby-Doo's soul to complete the ritual and had instructed most of the possessed tenants to obtain him.
- For his time transformed, see Scrappy Rex.
Scrappy however was thwarted from using the ritual by Mystery Inc. and only grew to a large size through the consumption of many human souls.
Shaggy Rogers used the pincer to tear open the Daemon Ritus and remove the souls from his chest.
Scrappy then regained his normal size and was knocked into a wall by Scooby.
He was then taken away in an animal cage and placed in a police helicopter ready to take him away.
- Velma revealed that Scrappy was not in fact a puppy, but instead a full grown dog with a gland problem that stunned his growth.
- The fact Scrappy was portrayed as the villain was due in large part to the fact that he was often viewed as a disliked character by many fans who felt his presence "ruined" the Scooby Doo franchise.
"Uncle Scooby, let me at 'em, I will scrap 'em!"
"I'm as cute as a Powerpuff Girl! I'll get my own TV show!"
"They weren't always like that. They were wild. It's a spell. And you are the gang worth solving the mystery behind it".