|This needs a stretch. (Feel free to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
Needed: History is incomplete.
- "The Spooky Space Kook" and "Space Kook" redirects here. For the episode, see Spooky Space Kook (episode). For other uses, see Spooky Space Kook (disambiguation).
The Spooky Space Kook was the disguise of Henry Bascombe.
It appeared to be a ghostly apparition of a humanoid male. More in depth, it had a skull with huge, dull, pale yellow eyes, inside of a blue spacesuit.
Powers and abilities
The Spooky Space Kook left glowing footprints and fingerprints that dissipate after an undetermined time. This was later revealed to be due to rubber gloves and boots dipped in phosphorous.
It tried to scare off snoopers with its high-pitched laugh.
Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!
The Spooky Space Kook terrorized a local airfield.
When Scooby-Doo managed to get the Spooky Space Kook trapped in an air tunnel, the costume fell off, revealing the identity of Henry Bascombe, the next door neighbor of a local farmer. He was trying to scare the farmer and the Air Force into selling their lands cheap.
Gold Key Comics adaptation
Archie Comics adaptation
- The name given to the monster is only an approximation of the episode's title, it isn't given an official name on-screen. Modern interpretations will usually simplify it as "Space Kook".
- Its model sheet referred it as the "Ghostly Spaceman".
- It cameoed in the comic-book style opening of the direct-to-video film Scooby-Doo! Mask of the Blue Falcon. It also appeared in the intro of the direct-to-video film Scooby-Doo! WrestleMania Mystery.
- A reimagined version of him first appears in the Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! intro, before appearing as another reimagined version in the episode In Space.
In other languages
|Spanish (Latin America)||El Fantasma de Otro Mundo||Ghost of Other World|
|Polish||Kosmiczne straszydło||Spaceship Bogeyman|
|Portuguese (South America)||O Fantasma Espacial||The Space Ghost|
|Slovenian||Fantom iz Drugega Sveta||Phantom from the Other World|