Swamp Witch is the second part of the sixth episode of the first season of The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show.
The guys are out boating in a swamp, when they encounter a gruesome twosome, a swamp witch and her ghostly goblin, who are looking for people they can turn into frogs for frog-leg stew.
"Riga-ma-raga-ma-roo, I'm making frog's legs stew! Riga-ma-raga-ma-ree, Would anyone care to join me?" sings a witch. She remembers she forgot to add frogs' legs, and sends her goblin sidekick Globby out to look for people to turn into frogs.
Shaggy, Scooby and Scrappy are on a boat in the nearby swamp, and Shaggy flips a coin to see which way is out. Globby grabs the coin, and Scrappy goes after him. He is netted by the witch. She decides he's too puny to turn into a frog, but Shaggy and Scooby, arriving to his rescue, are just right, and she sends Globby after them. They hide, but she lures them out with the promise of dinner. But the dinner is to be "frogs legs; -- and, YOU'RE GOING TO BE THE FROGS!" She shoots frog spells at them with her wand. Scrappy tries to box with the immaterial goblin. They manage to escape, shouting "haha, you missed!", but Shaggy then discovers that he has been changed into a frog.
Scooby and Scrappy return as "wand inspectors" from the "Better Gnomes and Goblins Association"; take the wand, and change back Shaggy whom they had concealed in their briefcase. They take off on the witch's broom, and the witch shoots another spell at them. Shaggy, glad to be back to normal (he was beginning to crave flies), looks in a mirror. The spell is reflected off the mirror and changes the witch into a frog. Globby laughs and she changes him into a frog, and chases him away, both hopping off. Shaggy, Scooby and Scrappy ride the broom off into the moonlight.
- Swamp witch (single appearance)(transformed into a frog)
- Globby (single appearance)(transformed into a frog)
- Swamp witch's broom
|Don Messick|| Scooby-Doo|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
- The Mystery Machine is not in this episode.
- "Better Gnomes and Goblins" plays off the magazine title: Better Homes and Gardens.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- Scooby and Scrappy's dogtags should have their initials stylised in teal, but are prone to have the following mistakes (including being completely covered in teal or just empty):
- Apparently the intention was for the swamp witch to have no pupils (or black dots to be specific), but a few times she has them including when she captures Scrappy and her left eye has a pupil when she reacts to Shaggy and Scooby running away after having saved Scrappy.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- It's unknown if Globby is a ghost from having died or a supernatural entity (much like Casper the Friendly Ghost is usually depicted as), but it does raise the question on his status of being "alive" when being turned into a flesh and blood being (even if it is as a frog).
In other languages
|Greek||Η Μάγισσα||The Witch|
- Scooby-Doo in Swamp Witch VHS released in 1990.
- The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show: Volume One DVD set released by Warner Home Video on May 20, 2008.
- Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: For the Love of Snack DVD set released by Warner Home Video on January 7, 2014.
Scrappy-Doo: Broom power!