- This article is about the episode. For the location, see Chinese Food Factory.
|A haunting need for images|
Needed: Profile pic.
The Chinese Food Factory is the third part of the first episode of the first season of The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show.
Shaggy, Scooby and Scrappy get jobs as night watchmen for a Chinese Food Factory, but one night a ghost is seen lurking and is caught stealing the safe.
Shaggy, Scooby and Scrappy are at a Chinatown parade. Hungry, they take a job at the Chinese Food Factory as night watchmen, where they get all the free food they can eat. Inside, everything's going OK (except for Scooby getting encased in a giant fortune cookie), until a Chinese ghost is seen lurking around. He turns off the light, scaring Shaggy and Scooby, and then soon begins running off with the safe, unmasking himself, revealing that he is a burglar. Scooby and Shaggy try to run away, but crash into a statue of a monster, whose head lands on them, scaring the burglar. He tries to stop them with a potful of spaghetti, but Scrappy uses it to lasso him and the safe. The owner rewards them with a meal, and commends Scrappy for his idea. says he was just using his "noodle" like his uncle would have done.
- Chinese Food Factory owner (single appearance)
- Chinese Food Factory burglar (single appearance)
- Parade watchers (single appearance)(no lines)
|Don Messick|| Scooby-Doo|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
|John Stephenson|| Chinese Food Factory burglar|
Chinese Food Factory owner
- The music playing at the beginning of the episode can also be heard in the Laff-A-Lympics episode, The Swiss Alps and Tokyo, Japan, in the second half.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- Scooby and Scrappy's dogtags should have their initials stylised in teal, but are prone to have the following mistakes (including being completely covered in teal or just empty):
- Scrappy's eyebrows are missing towards the end of the episode.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- None known.