- This article is about the episode. For the location, see Chinese Food Factory.
The Chinese Food Factory is the third part of the first episode of the first season of The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show.
Shaggy, Scooby and Scrappy get jobs as night watchmen for a Chinese Food Factory, but one night a ghost is seen lurking and is caught stealing the safe.
Shaggy, Scooby and Scrappy are at a Chinatown parade. Hungry, they take a job at the Chinese Food Factory as night watchmen, where they get all the free food they can eat. Inside, everything's going OK (except for Scooby getting encased in a giant fortune cookie), until a Chinese ghost is seen lurking around. He turns off the light, scaring Shaggy and Scooby, and then soon begins running off with the safe, unmasking himself, revealing that he is a burglar. Scooby and Shaggy try to run away, but crash into a statue of a monster, whose head lands on them, scaring the burglar. He tries to stop them with a potful of spaghetti, but Scrappy uses it to lasso him and the safe. The owner rewards them with a meal, and commends Scrappy for his idea. says he was just using his "noodle" like his uncle would have done.
- Chinese Food Factory owner (single appearance)
- Chinese Food Factory burglar (single appearance)
- Parade watchers (single appearance)(no lines)
|Don Messick|| Scooby-Doo|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
|John Stephenson|| Chinese Food Factory burglar|
Chinese Food Factory owner
- The music playing at the beginning of the episode can also be heard in the Laff-A-Lympics episode, The Swiss Alps and Tokyo, Japan, in the second half.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- Scooby and Scrappy's dogtags should have their initials stylised in teal, but are prone to have the following mistakes (including being completely covered in teal or just empty):
- Scrappy's eyebrows are missing towards the end of the episode.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- None known.