|This needs a stretch.|
At a science project for Coolsville Jr. High's Brain Club, Velma invents the Dinkley 2000, a computer that can do it all, but soon she is framed for stealing when the computer goes wild. The principal suspends her from school, so the others decide they will get to the bottom of it to clear her name.
Insert details here.
- Mr. Dinkley (first appearance)
- Mrs. Dinkley (first appearance)
- Red Herring
- Mr. Mortorn (single appearance)
- Mrs. Stickler (single appearance)
- Gus (first appearance)
- Scrub brush
|Velma Dinkley||She was framed for stealing stuff.|
|Gus||He's weird and spooky and also likes to build things.|
|Red Herring||As always.|
|Bruce Wormsley controlling the Dinkley 2000||He wanted to be the smartest kid in school.|
|"Micro Monster"||Credits||Performed by|
- Fred suspecting Red Herring in this episode is very justifiable because the robot embarrassed Red at the competition so he might've wanted revenge.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- While disguised, Velma's lipstick disappears and reappears randomly.
- In the shot of the gang looking in horror, just before the robot grabs Velma, her tank top is yellow rather than green.
- After the robot grabs Velma, and Scooby is sounding his bugle, the portion of his tail wrapped around the bugle is the same yellow as the bugle itself.
- When the robot is being taken to the shower, Scooby says, "Follow us!" but his mouth isn't moving.
- In the shot of everyone looking surprised after Daphne says, "It wasn't you, was it, Velma?", Velma's skirt is white instead of its usual red.
- Bruce's shirt pockets alternate between brown and white throughout the episode.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- From a wide-angle view, everyone leaves the exit door in the auditorium, but close-up, Mr. Mortorn is only just walking out, turning off the light as he leaves.
- The Dinkley 2000 only picks up one locker, but when Scooby tickles it with a feather, it is holding three lockers, and continues to hold three until it tosses them away.
- It isn't necessary to be quiet in the library, as not only is it after hours, but there is nobody in the library apart from the gang and the robot.
- Velma stated that the Dinkley 2000 was programmed to do what she asked, but it obeyed Scooby's order to walk on high wire. Then again, she never said that the robot wouldn't take commands from anyone else.
- When Bruce is first ejected from the robot, he is missing his right hand shirt pocket, then it reappears when he says that he knew he'd be the number one student again with Velma gone. Then, as Mr. Mortorn escorts him out, his left hand shirt pocket is missing its pens.
- A Pup Named Scooby-Doo: Volume 5 DVD released by Warner Home Video on January 9, 2007.
- A Pup Named Scooby-Doo: Complete 2nd, 3rd & 4th Seasons DVD set released by Warner Home Video on March 17, 2009.
Shaggy: (narration) Like, we were all at the Brain Club science show, that's where all the smart kids in school show all their latest inventions. And along with her parents, we were waiting to see Velma's entry. It was the best place to show my latest invention, a super-triple-deluxe sandwhich, to my pal, a pup named Scooby-Doo.