- This article is for the episode. For the titular monsters, see Creeping Creatures.
|This needs a stretch. (Feel to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
Needed: Synopsis is incomplete, the ending is missing
An absent-minded father takes his family into Gatorsburg, while trying to get to Broadway. While trying to get gas, an anthorpomorphic alligator attacks his daughter, and the family drive away as quickly as possible.
The gang are sitting in Fred's house complaining about not having any mysteries for while. Fred manages to test his new trap leading to a delivery man being stuck on his front porch. The gang receives a note from Mr. E and a package. The package contains a bag made of "real 100% gator". The gang travels to Gatorsburg to check things out.
Upon arriving Velma becomes angry with Shaggy for not telling Scooby-Doo about their relationship. This means they can't ever be alone because of Shaggy's fear of how Scooby-Doo will take it. When the Mystery Inc. gets back together having found no clues, they decide to leave only to find that the Mystery Machine's engine is gone. A not-so-nice Gatorsburg mechanic tells them of his sister's hotel. The Mystery Inc. gang, having called all their parents (none of whom were able to pick them up due to different reasons) decides to stay there. Greta Gator and her son Gunther are not happy when they arrive. Greta gives them two rooms and three rules: #1. Girls and Boys can't stay in the same room #2. Don't leave your room, even if you hear: Screams, moans, wails, pounding, gnawing, scratching and anything that sounds like a body being dragged across the hard wood floor. #3. No pets allowed.
Scooby is forced to sleep in the Mystery Machine. Velma almost immediately violates the rules by leaving her room to go see Shaggy. Shaggy feeling worried about Scooby also leaves, but runs into Velma. Shaggy lies and says he was coming to see her. Meanwhile Scooby is attacked by three Alligator People. He runs into Fred's room where Fred is telling a bored Daphne about all the traps they've used to solve mysteries (which are conveniently in a scrapbook). The alligator people, having followed Scooby-Doo break into the room as well. The lights flicker off and with some quick thinking they escape. In Daphne's and Velma's room, Velma finally gets a little closer to Shaggy resulting in them almost kissing. However they interrupted by the rest of the gang bursting in. The gang runs and leaves town by pushing the Mystery Machine out. The alligator people stop chasing them. Fred realizes the alligator people just wanted them out of town. So the gang sneaks back into town and sees the Creeping Creatures loading gator products onto a boat. Daphne (who is allergic to fake animal skin) shows the guys the "real 100% gator" products are actually fake. By using a trap, they catch the gator people. The police arrive and it is revealed that the gator people are really the creepy mechanic, his sister Greta, and her son Gunther Gator. Sheriff Stone was disatisfied that he bought an imitation alligator skin product and has his men arrest the Gator family even though they have no jurisdiction in Gatorsburg. The gang finds the Mystery Machine fixed and a note from Mr. E telling them that this mystery is only a piece of the puzzle and it has just begun. As the thunder begins, Scooby jumps into Shaggy's arms. Shaggy and Velma smile as Shaggy holds Velma's hand.
- Creeping Creatures (single appearance)(no lines)(Gator family's disguise)
- Grady Gator (first appearance)
- Greta Gator (single appearance)
- Gunther Gator (single appearance)
- Tween girl (first appearance)
- Tween girl's dad (first appearance)
- Tween girl's mom (first appearance)
- Petals (first appearance)(no lines)
- Mail carrier (single appearance)
- Mr. E (mentioned)
- Old miner (single appearance)(no lines)(flashback only)(deceased)
- Mayor Fred Jones, Sr.
- Angie Dinkley
- Venus (single appearance)(photograph)
- Nan Blake
- Paula Rogers (no lines)
- Colton Rogers
- 1800s Gatorsburg citizens (single appearance)(miscellaneous speaking)(flashback only)
- Deputy Bucky (no lines)(cameo)
- Crystal Cove
- New York City (mentioned)
- Broadway (mentioned)
- Traps Illustrated
- Mr. E's letter
- Gator Burgers
- Mystery Machine's old engine (mentioned)
- Fred's Traps
- Mystery Machine's new engine
- Vacation family's station wagon
- The Mystery Machine
| Grady Gator|
|Not only do they have the same characteristics, but they're the only other people in town.|
| Grady Gator, Greta Gator and Gunther Gator|
as the Creeping Creatures
|To protect their fake alligator merchandise business.|
- When Scooby looks at the Drowsy Gator Hotel sign, a few of the letters are not lit up, making it appear to say "The Dog Dies". This is a foreshadowing of Theater of Doom, in which Friar Serra says: "The dog dies."
- Daphne reveals in The Night the Clown Cried, that Gatorsburg is the furthest she's been outside of Crystal Cove.
- When Velma takes off her glasses she still has black eyes, but in Art of Darkness!, they're now green.
- In the teaser, the family (and their station wagon) that stops in Gatorsburg for gasoline is based on the Griswolds (specifically Chevy Chase's character) from National Lampoon's Vacation. The mom is voiced by the same actress who portrayed Ellen Griswold.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- None known.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- Daphne, according to herself, is allergic to fake animal skin, and even shows the gang to prove the 100% alligator skin is fake. But when she helps Fred with the trap, she holds a fake alligator skin belt with her bare hands and doesn't show any sign of allergy.
In other languages
|Spanish (Latin America)||Los Cocodrilos||The Alligators|
|Spanish (Spain)||Las Criaturas de la Noche||The Creatures of the Night|
|Italian||Creature Raccapriccianti||Creepy Creatures|
|French||Les Crocomonstres||The Crocomonsters|
|Portuguese||Monstros Assustadores||Scary Monsters|
|Hungarian||Nyálkás kísértetek||Mucous Specters|
|Greek||Πλαστά Πλάσματα||Fake Creatures|
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: Season One, Volume 1 DVD released by Warner Home Video on January 25, 2011.
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: Volume One DVD released by Warner Home Video on August 29, 2011.
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: The Complete Season 1 DVD set released by Warner Home Video on October 8, 2013.
- Scooby-Doo! Mystères associés: L'intégrale de la saison 1 (Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: The entirety of season 1) DVD set released by Warner Home Video on October 3, 2012.
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|Beware the Beast from Below|| Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated|
|The Secret of the Ghost Rig|