Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Creepy Case of Old Iron Face is the seventh episode of the third season of the Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!,[Note 1] and the thirty-second episode overall in the series. It was later repackaged as the seventh episode of the third season of The Scooby-Doo Show, and the thirty-first episode overall in the series.
The gang is waterskiing when they encounter another waterskiier, one that uses man-eating sharks for skis, and wears a creepy iron mask. He begins to chase them, but they escape. The gang then head to a local restuarant to meet Captain Morgan, their tour guide for Skull Island. The island used to hold a prison for the most dangerous criminals, but has been turned into a tourist attraction. The gang is discussing the man in the iron mask, when Mama Mione, the owner of the restaurant, begins telling them the story of Old Iron Face. She claims he is the one who haunts Skull Island after being a prisoner there years before. He wore the iron mask so no one would have to look at him.
They decide to leave after Captain Morgan does not show up. While they are leaving, Velma notices that a truck is unloading a lot of food into Mama Mione's restaurant. The gang, worried about Captain Morgan, and decide to head to Skull Island to find him. They arrive, and find Captain Morgan's boat. Fred, Velma, and Daphne search the grounds, while Shaggy and Scooby search inside the prison. It is there that they are once again chased by Iron Face. While Fred, Velma, and Daphne search the boat house, they discover crates of foods similiar to the ones at the Mama Mione's. They also discover a tunnel leading under the old prison. They follow and it and end up in an underground mansion. The place is ransacked making it look like several people are living there. Velma hears moaning, and they discover Captain Morgan in a hole in the ground; he had been kidnapped and down there for hours. Meanwhile, Old Iron Face continues to stalk Shaggy and Scooby. They escape the island, while Old Iron Face follows. Fred designs a trap to catch the ghost, and it works.
Old Iron Face turns out to be Mama Mione. The sharks she used to ski on where actually torpedos that smuggled prisoners out to Skull Island. She helped prisoners escape because they paid her a lot of money. When she heard the island was going to become a tourist attraction, she used to the legend of Old Iron Face to scare people away. An undercover detective witnessed the entire thing, and took Mama Mione into custody.
- Captain Morgan (single appearance)
- Captain Flint (single appearance)(disguise)/
- Agent Hargrove (single appearance)
- Prison convicts (single appearance)(no lines)(flashback only)
- Waiter (single appearance)(no lines)
|Captain Flint||Will not bring the gang to Skull Island.|
|Mama Mione as Old Iron Face||To hide her convict-smuggling operation.|
|Casey Kasem|| Shaggy Rogers|
|Frank Welker|| Fred Jones|
|Heather North||Daphne Blake|
|Pat Stevens||Velma Dinkley|
|Allan Melvin|| Old Iron Face|
|Virginia Gregg||Mama Mione|
- Captain Morgan is a reference to the Welsh privateer, who has a brand of rum named after him.
- The gang told their friend, Eric Staufer, about this case, and he used the Old Iron Face in his computer game, as seen in the direct-to-video film, Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase.
- Scenes from this episode, particularly the unmasking, is used in Scooby-Doo! Frankencreepy, which features Mama Mione in a conspiracy group of other former convicts setting up a highly elaborate revenge.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- When Fred suggests they go help Shaggy and Scooby who made it to the beach, his lips are not moving.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- The sharks are clearly metallic; the gang would've known that the sharks were fakes (yet they were still dangerous).
- It wasn't explained how the huge mansion was built underground without anyone ever noticing.
- It also wasn't explained just where the prisoners Mama Mione was transporting were getting the money to pay her from.
- For something like this to even be plausible there would have to be a large number of prisoners escaping
- A mansion the size of the one under Skull Island would require a staff to keep it up so where were they?
- Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!: The Complete Third Season DVD set released by Warner Home Video on April 10, 2007.
- Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!: The Complete Series (limited edition) DVD set released by Warner Home Video on November 9, 2010.
- Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!: The Complete Series DVD set released by Warner Home Video on November 21, 2011.
- Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!: The Complete Series DVD set released by Warner Home Video on November 13, 2012.
- Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: Field of Screams DVD set released by Warner Home Video on May 13, 2014.
- Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: Surf's Up, Scooby-Doo! DVD set released by Warner Home Video on May 5, 2015.
In other languages
|Greek||Ο Σιδεροπρόσωπος||The Ironface|
|Hungarian||Különös kaland a Koponya-szigeten||The Weird Adventure on the Skull Island|
- ↑ a short-lived revival attempt
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|A Highland Fling with a Monstrous Thing|| The Scooby-Doo Show|
|Jeepers, It's the Jaguaro!|