|This needs a stretch. (Feel to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
Needed: Synopsis is incomplete.
Scooby and the gang are vacationing in Vancouver, Canada where giant monster called Ogopogo started showing up! Punch buggies, loggers and giant serpents - are they somehow related?
The gang arrive at Lake Okanagan, Vancouver for a nice relaxing vacation but their peace and tranquility is broken when Shaggy and Scooby are chased by a lake monster: The Ogopogo, a legendary monster that has been "spotted" over the years but now has been chasing away tourists. The gang discovers that the monster is really a crane with a car attached at the top and operated by loggers from the logging company. The loggers were scaring away tourists so they can buy the land around the lake.
- Locals (single appearance)
- Ken Chaplin (only time mentioned)
- Clem Chaplin (only time mentioned)
- Mounties (single appearance)(miscellaneous speaking)
- Fish (single appearance)(no lines)
- Vancouver, Canada
- Velma's camera
- Shaggy's camera
- Fred's video camera
- The Mystery Machine
- Volkswagon Beetle
|Loggers as the Ogopogo||They wanted to log Okanagan Valley.|
- The sightings that are mentioned did happen in real life, although they've been slightly altered.
- Mission Beach is technically called Okanagan Mission.
- Ken Chaplin wasn't explicitly called a used car salesman, just a salesman. His father, Clem, was involved, but it was Ken who filmed the footage.
- Fred's reaction that it looks like a beaver, is a common reaction.
- On pages 1, 2, 5, and 9, Fred's collar is white.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or oddities
- Daphne says "jinkies" on page 7.
- The gang considers the Ogopogo to be a disguised crane with a car attached to the tip. Somehow the crane can flex around like a neck. It would've been more convinving to just say it looks like a disguised submarine.