|This needs a stretch.|
The Dragon's Eye, Part 6: Scooby-Doo Dai Kaiju Tengu is a story in Scooby-Doo! #64.
The Dragon's Eye thief takes a crack at the piece of the stone that is in Tokyo, Japan.
- Detective Nakajima (single appearance)
- Tengu (single appearance)(no lines)(disguise)/
- Thug (single appearance)(no lines)
- Eiji Tsuburaya (single appearance)(disguise)/
- Lee Shiu Shian
- Helicopter pilot (single appearance)
- Fishers (single appearance)(miscellaneous speaking)
- Fishing boat
|A hired thug as the Tengu||Hired to create a distraction.|
|Lee Shiu Shian, the Dragon's Eye collector, in disguise as Eiji Tsuburaya||To steal another piece of the Dragon's Eye.|
- The title means "Scooby-Doo vs. the Monster Tengu" in Japanese.
The second story is penultimate chapter in the "Dragon's Eye" by John Rozum. Since the gang are in Japan, John Rozum cannot resist throwing in a few Godzilla jokes. The mystery is a little too easy to solve, but not only does Joe Staton's delectable Daphne sleepy panel attract the reader. Mr. Rozum considers the order in which the crimes are committed and has Velma deduce a sound reason for that order. I don't believe I have ever seen such an attention in the mystery genre. Dramatic, thoughtful with superb artwork, you still cannot go wrong with Scooby-Doo.