|This needs a stretch.|
Don Adams plays a bug exterminator who is trying to exterminate the house of old film director, Lorne Chumley. But 14 previous assistants have vanished in the house. Can the kids stick around long enough to help?
The Mystery Inc. gang are in Hollywood, taking in the sights of movie actors' homes. Daphne remarks about how some actors were discovered by just washing cars, giving Scooby an idea to start washing cars, which he starts to do. But Velma told him that actors need talent and that those events aren't common. On the way, the gang meets Don Adams as an exterminator, who was having car troubles.
This synopsis is incomplete.
Cast and characters
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
|Frank Welker||Fred Jones|
|Heather North||Daphne Blake|
|Nicole Jaffe||Velma Dinkley|
|John Stephenson|| Otto|
- Various monsters
- Lorne Chumley
|Otto||Creepy appearance. Warned the gang to leave.|
| Lorne Chumley|
|Trying to keep people away from the site of Chumley's new movie.|
- The episode seems to be heavily based on The Secret of Terror Castle.
- The gang drives by the homes of actors Gregory Grant and Steve McKing, which are obvious spoofs of Hollywood stars Gregory Peck, Cary Grant and Steve McQueen. Lorne Chumley is a parody of silent film star Lon Chaney.
- In addition to Lorne Chumley being a parody of silent horror actor, Lon Chaney, there are references to other monsters other actors played. For example, the Wolfman was played by Lon Chaney's son, Lon Chaney, Jr.
- The Wolfman and Frankenstein's Monster in this episode bear a resemblance to the ones from the Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! episode, A Gaggle of Galloping Ghosts. A portrait of Swampy Pete from a previous episode, The Ghostly Creep from the Deep, is also seen in this episode.
- Don Adams passed away on September 25, 2005.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- On the line of horror character portraits, the first one was a greenish monster and the second one was a purple guy with red hair, but when the two characters had Shaggy and Scooby, they switched places.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- Even if both Otto and Lorne Chumney were behind the hauntings it would've been nearly impossible for them to play all of the monsters seen in the episode.
In other languages
|Greek||Ο Εξολοθρευτής||The Exterminator|
- The Best of The New Scooby-Doo Movies DVD set released March 22, 2005.
The Spirit Spooked Sports Show
The Weird Winds of Winona