|This needs a stretch. (Feel to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
Needed: Synopsis is incomplete.
When Ebeneezer Scrooge is haunted by ghosts before Christmas, what does he do? Call in Mystery Inc., of course!
Scrooge has asked Cratchet to work late on the eve of Christmas Eve. That night, Scrooge is visited by ghost promising the visit of three more ghosts on Christmas Eve night. But Scrooge does not panic, he calls Mystery Inc. The gang set a trap for the ghost by swapping Scrooge for Shaggy and Scooby but their plan backfires when they get locked in the closet they are waiting in to surprise the ghost. All three ghosts show up and talk to Shaggy as if he were Scrooge as the gang finds a secret passage in Scrooge's closet that leads down to the office where they find the ghostly costumes. The only thing left is to unmask the ghost but everyone is wrong when they learn it's Tiny Tim behind the haunting. In the end, Scrooge throws a Christmas celebration for all.
- Ghost (single appearance)(Tiny Tim's disguise)
- Ghost of Christmas Past (single appearance)(Tiny Tim's disguise)
- Ghost of Christmas Present (single appearance)(Tiny Tim's disguise)
- Ghost of Christmas Future (single appearance)(Tiny Tim's disguise)
- Tiny Tim (single appearance)(redeemed)
- Scrooge Inc. employees (single appearance)(miscellaneous speaking)
- Mrs. Cratchet (single appearance)(no lines)
- Scrooge Inc.
- Bob Cratchet's home
|Bob Cratchet||Mr. Scrooge let him work overtime the night before Christmas.|
|Tiny Tim as the ghosts||To teach Mr. Scrooge a lesson because he treats good people like his father like dirt.|
Mr. Strom finds a neat little twist to Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol in "Fright Before Christmas." A fun running joke is when the three ghosts actually persuade Shaggy and Scooby to turn over a new leaf even when they didn't do anything wrong. Joe Staton is on hand to give the story extra depth and portray the gang in vibrant brilliance.