|Needs a stretch!|
This article needs more details, such as a synopsis. Remove this tag when the article has been properly expanded.
|The Gathering Gloom|
|Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated|
|Airdate||August 7, 2012|
|Written By||Marly Halpern-Graser|
|Directed By||Curt Geda|
|Previous Episode||Art of Darkness!|
|Next Episode||Night on Haunted Mountain|
Meatballs, beautiful Swedish girls, and severe chocolate addiction ensue.
A Graveyard Ghoul attacks in the middle of Mayor Nettles' Horror Movie Night, forcing the gang to investigate. However, Fred and Shaggy are smitten with three beautiful girls who have just immigrated into Crystal Cove, and Daphne has eaten some of their mother's homemade chocolate and become addicted, leaving Velma and Scooby alone to solve the mystery. Eventually, they are forced to turn to Sheriff Stone for help. Meanwhile, Mr. E teams back up with Professor Pericles in search of what he calls "the Treasure".
Cast and characters
- Graveyard Ghoul/Count Evallo von Meanskrieg
|Count Evallo von Meanskrieg||He acted like the Graveyard Ghoul, and had a bad temper.|
|Moder Bjorklund||Fred said she has the same size as Graveyard Ghoul.|
|Count Evallo von Meanskrieg as the Graveyard Ghoul||To drill for gas.|
- Crystal Cove
- This is the one episode of the series where the most obvious suspect actually is the monster.
- This is the second time Sheriff Bronson Stone has had a barbeque, the first time being in Battle Of The Humungonauts.
- It is revealed how Ricky Owens/Mr. E first encountered Professor Pericles.
- It is revealed that Daphne's a chocoholic and that she goes crazy whenever she eats chocolate, even a small amount.
- The Bjorklunds' check dates January 26.
- Mr. E and Pericles now work together again to find the treasure and plan on silencing Cassidy for good.
- The same actress who appeared as Weena with Vincent Van Ghoul in a zombie movie is back in another monster movie, this time as "Deena."
- This episode reveals that talking dogs are a well-known category of animals, so that even foreigners like the Bjorklunds aren't surprised by Scooby-Doo.
- Mr. E plays the same keytar he was holding in Pawn Of Shadows and The House of the Nightmare Witch.
- This episode was aired in Latin America and Brazil on October 15, 2012.
- This is the first episode to have the "previously on..." recap spoken by Scooby. The recap itself is a spoof and doesn't actually show anything significant, only showing the extravagant meals Scooby and Shaggy have had.
- The recap also includes a never-before seen scene from Web of the Dreamweaver!, in which Shaggy and the Sheriff spit Francilee's Cornbread Stuffin' on Scooby. This scene is an off-camera one, as the Sheriff says he was going to destroy that tasty evidence, meaning the Cornbread Stuffin', as soon as Francilee Jackson was caught, and Scooby and Shaggy offered to help, while the rest of the gang questioned her.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- Velma is nowhere to be seen in the Mayor's horror movie night at the cemetery, but she's capable of finding similarities between Count Evallo and the Graveyard Ghoul.
- Pericles' scar is always on his right eye when his reflection on the glass is seen. It should be on the left, since in reality it is on the right.
In other languages
|Italian||Il Mistero Si Infittisce||The Mystery Deepens|
|Spanish (Latin America)||La Creciente Oscuridad||The Growing Darkness|
|Hungarian||A temetői ködlovag||The Fog Knight from the Cemetery|
|Greek||Το Βαθύ Σκοτάδι||The Deep Darkness|
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: Season Two, Part 1 - Danger in the Deep DVD set released November 13, 2012.
- Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: For the Love of Snack DVD compilation set released January 7, 2014.
Art of Darkness!
Night on Haunted Mountain